Tackle Boxes, Bins or Other

Hockey390

Tackle Boxes, Bins or Other

Over the years I've evolved from using exclusively tackle boxes to just tackle bags to where I am currently, which is a combination of tackle boxes but mostly clear bins with clear snap on lids that I got from Costco. I have a bin for dispey's, a bin for flashers, bins for meat rigs, bins for the rigs I'm planning to use on my next trip (go to flasher/fly combo and spoons), bin for planer boards and a bin with laker gear. All of my spoons and plugs go into a special mate divided bin and then last but not least I have a tackle box with terminal tackle, extra line, batteries, spare parts for down riggers, etc..

When I get ready to go fishing it consists of loading whatever bins I will need for that trip. I feel somewhat organized, but I'm curious if anyone else does it a different way that they have found works well for them. It's that time of year that I'm going through my gear and always looking to become more organized and efficient, yet I'm the typical fisherman that tends to want to bring every possible lure/rod combo under the sun JUST IN CASE! 

For us, spoons go on spoon pads and JPlugs in the Amish outfitters holders, both mount on the inside of the gunnels while fishing and go in their zip up storage bag and into the cabin when not. Paddles, spin doctors, and dodgers go in flasher files, some I custom made to better fit specific flasher/dodger types. Extra pre-rigged flies, meat rigs, and spin n glows get stored in the Amish Outfitters bait head caddy. Body baits go in a rust free Plano box. Extra unrigged flies, beads, meat heads, and spin n glows go in a Plano box. One smaller waterproof/rust free Plano box goes in the back corner compartment of the boat at the transom, this has all terminal tackle. Extra line goes in a Plano line spool box. Planer boards and dipsy divers under the gunnels in the Big Papa Sports planer pockets and diver duffle. This system has worked well for us. No exposed hooks anywhere, but everything is very accessible and stays dry and rust free.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app