WMFL schedule for 2017

WMFL schedule for 2017

Here is our schedule for the 2017 season , they are all the same weekend as last year except for one.

1) May 13

2) May 27

3) June 17

4). July 8

5) July 15

6) August 26

With that said I hope to see every one back and a few new teams this season.

We fished the morning of my wedding.

My wife caught a 14# brown five hours before going to the hospital to have our first daughter.

Early am weddings, you might be starting a trend here.  They should take you up on that and appreciate your fore sight.

• Like 1

She didn't need an epidural for the trout.  There was an east wind and she could not sleep that night so I offered to take her out and as usual ten minutes on the water and she was out.  Dead calm gin clear water I was pointed out to change over for Lakers when she came out of the cabin just as the last rod out took off.  10' noodle rod with 8# test.  I put the boat in N and kept reaching around her to tweak the drag until we realized the rod bucking was not the fish or drag but our daughter kicking the butt of the rod.

I was just hoping to have an excuse to come up the river chine walking at 50 mph... 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Thank you. Excited to get some buddies out on the lake. We probably won't be much competition, but it's fun fishing with a group of boats, and seeing how everyone does. Look forward to meeting everyone, see you in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman

Sorry I don't get on hear much any more , mainly becouse I only get 1 maybe 2 entry's each time and very few views , but yes any one can fish these as long as you or anyone on your boat is not a current charter capt or first mate . This is a totally amateur  and fun event . If you scroll thru the sub forum hear there is a full set of rules and dates for this season, the entry is $30 , $5 goes towards big fish. I will start at sign up thread on here and Face Book 2 weeks before the event , to sign up all you need to do is say your in. I hope I covered everything if you have more questions please ask.

I think everything is covered. Somebody posted the link to the rules, and we fit the bill for that, definitely all amateurs haha. Where will the launch point be in Muskegon? The public launch by the bait shop, or the launch down by the condos?

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman