what heat gun for lead weights/spoons?

what heat gun for lead weights/spoons?

hey I'm new to powder painting, but I just got several jars of pro-tec powder paint, just curious is there a specific heat gun I need to buy that will heat the lead weights/nickel spoon blanks for powder painting with the pro-tec or can I just buy any heat gun?

So with the unpainted lead weights and casting spoons, what temperature should I set the toaster oven too to heat them up? And what temperature would I set the oven to to cure once painted? 

So essentially I set the oven to that temperature. Hang the spoon blanks and the lead weights in there. Bake them for the desired time. Take them out as fast as I can dip them in the powder, shake off excess then place back in oven to cure?

hi,   i made several thousand jigs,ice lures, hanesses,etc and i heated with a propane torch and like other posters noted, put them in toaster type oven where you can hang many depending on size,et al jigs 100 in reg size oven   ,  contact protec paints and there is a specific temp for each color they are great to work with finish incredible.  hope this helps.  rick   big bear

Thanks. I ended up buying a Wagner ht1000 heat gun. I got about ten diff colors of pro tec. I got about 100 lead lure bodies 1/16 oz and 1/8 oz. Looking forward to powder painting. Ya I got a toaster oven too for curing. Was on CSI paint website it lists pro tecs colors and bake times. Most people have suggested a lower temp for longer to cure to prevent dripping. (300 for 30) but I could always follow the old tried and true 350 for 20 like pro tec recommends.

Not sure if this pic worked. Please excuse if my spoons look bad? This is my first time powder painting. I made a sapphire blue I made a two tone made a flame red ( looks lighter in pic due to glare but in reality its a nice fluorescent color!) And a watermelon flake. 

IMG_20170123_151702.jpg

IMG_20170123_152250.jpg

• Like 1