for sale 13" Toughbook Chart Plotter $400

These are VN Toughbooks and Chartplotter will be installed at your request.

Of course these have WIFI and other means to connect to the WWW.

Both units have excellent Touch Screens.

Included are GPS, DC and AC chargers.

Both are now running the latest Windows10 64 bit version, and have 2GB of RAM and upgraded to a 250GB Hard Drive.

These are used by our military including the USCG on our Great Lakes Icebreakers. These are also great in all kinds of shop or garage environments.

I select the best Toughbooks I can find and upgrade them. These are made to take a beating and some do. These two have seen light duty.

These also have MS Office.

$400 Add $15 if you need a built in DVD CDRW drive. A package of over 7000 inland lakes can be added very reasonable.

5754dca22bde9_NavionicsWEBAPPSCEENSHOTSh

57bee2fddd600_ToughbookGPS.jpg.38101d89a

• Like 1

Please educate me on this. I have a low range hds7 with built in GPS and have the navionics chip for it. What would be the advantage to having a dedicated chart plotter like this? Always looking for something to help me improve my fishing I don't want to add a gadget just because it would be cool to have a laptop on board. I am assuming that I would have to buy a radar to go along with this in order for that function to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

Everything that you need is provided. No Chip games to play. Thousands of charts are available free of charge from our government.You tell me what you want and I put it on.  Navionics and others take the government charts and modify them slightly and make them proprietary and sell them to you for hundreds. Typically I load the whole GLs package. Big screen zoom is amazing. The smaller the screen the less likely you'll be on track when following your track. You have seen smaller screens than your 7 and when you go to a 10 or a 13 it's just better. I like running two separate units rather than a spilt screen on a combo or toggling back and forth from sonar to chart. The GPS signal with this set up is amazing. I routinely maintain signal in my basement and in steel buildings. `

Can be used on and off the boat like a laptop on these are military spec. The USCG has this setup at the helm of the icebreakers.

They are not for everyone but a lot of folks have seen the value in these. Myself included. What got me started down this road about 7 yrs ago was the chips. Every time I looked at a several hundred dollar unit they wanted more money for a chip or here a chip for there etc. It's just an alternative to what else is out there. You will not find much in the $400 range.

Even off the water they are a nice planning tool. At the top of the dashboard is your current coordinates at the bottom is your cursor coordinates. Keyboard shortcuts do most of the work. Man overboard is control spacebar. Zoom in is control Z. Zoom out is control X.

How is this for a zoom out? And just click on any part of that screen and get an zoom in with numbers you can see forom several feet away.

SeaClear Toughbook Zoomed Out.jpg

SeaClear Toughbook Sceen Shot.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/fishing-hunting-outdoors/gallery/image/6840-581f726447706-103inchtabletjpg/

Many folks have asked me about rugged tablets. I just was able to get windows based 10.3" tablet. I updated and installed w10 pro and Office. This one was sold before I even received it. It will use it's own internal GPS and measures 9"X12"X2" including the rubber corner bumpers. It weighs about 5#s. I hope to have more of these soon. These will sell for $350 ready to go with AC and DC chargers. Here is a link to a screen shot.