2 for 2 today. First hit came at 8:30 6 pound laker took an orange crush spoon on a slide diver 50 feet back with 50 feet of line out on a 3 setting in 60 fow on a nw heading. Second was a 9 pound coho that took an rv flounder pounder on the rigger 50 feet down in 125 fow on a ne heading.

Decided to pull lines just before 1 because at that point the slow rollers turned into 2-3 foot chop. It happened so fast I had to ask my passage if it was just my imagination, he confirmed it wasn't. This was in 120 fow. Turned to head in and noticed a distinct difference in the water a ways ahead. Sure enough when we crossed into that area instant slow rollers again. At 95 feet the water went calm again. Stopped an looked back and there was a very clear line where the water went from calm to chop that followed the contour line on my chart. There was even a distinct scum line there clearly defining the calm and rough sides. That was was my something new for the day, never seen that before on any body of water in such a wide open area.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Like 2

The area you are speeking of was a very sharp temp break , it was there Sunday also. I fished this area and pulled a very nice box of 2 steelhead , 5 kings, 2 coho and a few small suspended lake trout for a total of 11 ,all on standerd size spoons with coppers rangeing from 100-250 . Lemon berry, Jerry Lee, u of m frog and metalic green  glow frog were the best. The temp in the warm side , being the deeper side was 64 , and on the inside it was 50. This changed over less than 50yds.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DipsyLand said:

Thanks for explaining what was causing that. It was definitely new to me and very interesting to be on it as it set up. I'm curious how you fished that then. Cold side, warm side, right on the break? I'd like to know how to set up if I ever see that again.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

I set up with one side high and one side fishing deeper, and zig Zag over it to determine wich side is better , Sunday it was the warmer side or rite on top of it . I almost always fish it with medium to smaller size spoons.

• Like 1