Running out the lake with Dipsy Divers hooked on

I have seen suggestions here and there about best ways to keep your dipsy divers from banging all over the place when you run out to your spot.  Unfortunately I can't find whatever spot those suggestions are in and I am at a loss for the best way to do this.  I would also include securing rigged up paddles in this discussion.

Any suggestions you all might have would be much appreciated.  I am tired of my lines getting tangled up on the way out or it taking me to long to rig up and get fishing once I run out.

Thanks!

I bought some vise grip brand small spring loaded pinch style clamps for my dipsys. I open the clamp go around my rod and line and clamp onto the top fin of the dipsy. I try to keep the dipsy as low on the rod as I can to keep it from bouncing around. Works out good good for me. 

Good luck.

Justin- walk on water 

image.png

most simple cheap solution?? Just lay the dipsy rods down instead of in a holder. When you get to your spot and at trolling speed they can go in holders even if you don't set one first. If early morning I would throw one in holder then have a glow bait on them grab other flash it up and get it set or let out slowly with drag while starting to set riggers.

Thanks for the suggestions!  I am currently either laying them down on the floor like gmfishon or leaving the divers in the side pocket as FBD suggested.  I think I will start with trying out some big rubber bands this weekend.  Also have a couple of those vice grip clamps at home so will give those a try.

Those Bundeze are pretty slick and cheap enough.  I really like the looks of the Leadermates!  If they were $30 a pop I would jump all over those.  I may not catch any more fish, but I would like I really knew what I was doing on the ride out.

Appreciate the tips!

• Like 1

those bundeze will do the job. but I just buy the little bungees that has the little ball on them that I get at wall mart. you can adjust the length by pulling the cord back through the little ball and cutting to length. then I wrap the bungee over the diver then around the rod then back over the diver.

18 hours ago, Fake Bait said:

I really like the looks of the Leadermates!  If they were $30 a pop I would jump all over those.  I may not catch any more fish, but I would like I really knew what I was doing on the ride out.

Appreciate the tips!

Cabelas has the leadermates on sale right now for 14.99.  I use bundeze for tons of stuff because they are a great company but the leadermate looks like the ultimate.  I just ordered 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought 4 for my flashers and 2 for my mag divers and 2 for my 00 divers from Amish Outfitters.  To the house was under $40. They were like a canvas and has Velcro to hold them  Tried them out and they work great.  Very fast service.  Call Frank at 1-800-473-1748 or go on line at amishoutfitters.com   I bought a set of bags early in the year very well constructed.