STORMY LIMITS 8/13

Well had a very interesting morning, hit a 6 point buck on my way up to my lodge saturday morning roughly at 630 a.m. Took out most of my driver side front end. The buck had two broken legs and was suffering so i called a police officer to dispatch it. An hour later he showed up and shot the deer which i took gutted and skinned and hung in my walk in freezer. It was light raining with storms passing on the east and west sides of sebewaing but nothing out over the water from my lodge so we loaded the boat and got ready to hit the water 3 hours after hitting the deer. The spot that we are fishing is just on the other other side on the island chain is straight out from my lodge in rose island which is 3 miles north of sebewaing. We got out there and it was 2 to 3 footers out of the sse got on the gps marks and started filling the box. The wind switched to the sw and started blowing upwards of 25 mph, waves building to 4 footers we drifeted with the waves under no power with the boards out moving 1.3 to 2.6 with the waves. We used no plastic today just 3/4 oz bouncers 20 to 33  off the boards. Good colors seem to been chartruece with orange firetiger and bright pink. We hit our 2 man limit again of mostly eyes 17 to 20 inches but had one 24 and one 26. With the cooler weather coming the fish will hold on these weed beds. Got back to the lodge at 1 and had fresh walleye and fresh venison backstraps on the grill. Another great two days of fishing on the bay, im usaully done walleye fishing by now and chasing salmon and getting my blinds and decoys ready for the upcoming duck/goose charter season on the bay, but with the fish that close its hard to turn down just one more limit.

• Like 4

Wow, that's a rough start to a fishing trip.  Glad to hear the only injury was to the deer.

I have a bad habit of 'well I'm out here might as well keep fishing' and ignoring difficult conditions.  As I get older, my discretion is improving, but still fall victim to 'but they're bitin' syndrome.

Fished out of Frankfort last month, got pushed around pretty good by some 4'+ until we finally called it.

Nice to know that you made it in safely.