Re tying copper?

So I wrote in my last report that my 200 Cu snapped when taken by a big fish. About 125 feet left on it and by happy coincidence I have 75 feet of the same stuff lying around. I'd love to get my 200 back so is there any way i can "tie" the two together without having to worry about it coming apart? Advice is much appreciated.

Thanks! Just fixed it, looks pretty sturdy. 

MI have another question that is completely unrelated but don't feel like opening a new thread. I bought an ace hi plug at the swap meet in holland this winter and have yet to run it. From whatnove researched you can run ace hi's the same speed as spoons and flashers? I've also heard of guys just tying them to their lines rather than using swivels? Complete rookie to any kind of plug.

Use snap swivels with the Ace Hi's, that's what they're designed for so you don't have to retie. Only tie direct to the old style traditional j plugs with the swivel/hook harness so it can slide up the line when a fish is hooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app

Is this what you mean by snap swivel?

image.jpg.01e7fd2112cfe1e80f252102031ed8ab.jpg

Correct, but you'll want one that's a ball bearing model. We switched to the Torpedo brand ones this year and couldn't be happier, best on the market IMO, we use the 55lb size for everything but some use the 90lb with flashers. They're these ones....https://www.torpedodivers.com/scart/product_details.asp?ItemNum=S0020

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app