2 for 4 (or 2 for 2) Hit the water at 6:45 AM - with some newbies - the wife of this guy who came, and whom I never met - really seemed like she didn't want to go from the moment she walked up to the boat at the dock - didn't matter to me - was looking forward to getting out. When we came out of the break wall - seemed far bumpier than forecast - which was not good, for her - she held out - but got sick about 9 - turned out she was quite the trooper.

Water was rough - so was the catching...Fished from 90-145 FOW - 130ish had most marks and some bait - good temps down about 50 or so. Had a knock off about 8:15 on a wire dipsy with meat - 150' back - no one home. Had a another knockoff about 5 minutes later on a boom rigger 59 down with mag green spoon - no one home.

Hour later - had the corner rigger fire with a blue-cracked-yellow orange bellied Jplug (color???) and boated a 5 lb laker.

Pulled lines about noon - and when we did - had a small steelie hit the boom rigger with the mag green spoon.

All hits came on a south troll - with the waves.

Bumpy ride for the newbies, tough fishing - AT LEAST it didn't look like the dead sea out there like the last 3 times I've fished. Found some fish and bait - so that made me feel a little bit better.

• Like 3

On my last trip out of Pentwater, I graphed a school of bait so thick my graph readjusted the bottom.  I went from being in 117 fow to being in 20 fow for about 30 or 40 yards until I was past the school.  Then the graph readjusted the bottom back to be 117 feet again.  That is the biggest, thickest school of bait fish I have ever marked.

On 8/6/2016 at 6:44 PM, kj8olot said:

2 for 4 (or 2 for 2) Hit the water at 6:45 AM - with some newbies - the wife of this guy who came, and whom I never met - really seemed like she didn't want to go from the moment she walked up to the boat at the dock - didn't matter to me - was looking forward to getting out. When we came out of the break wall - seemed far bumpier than forecast - which was not good, for her - she held out - but got sick about 9 - turned out she was quite the trooper.

Water was rough - so was the catching...Fished from 90-145 FOW - 130ish had most marks and some bait - good temps down about 50 or so. Had a knock off about 8:15 on a wire dipsy with meat - 150' back - no one home. Had a another knockoff about 5 minutes later on a boom rigger 59 down with mag green spoon - no one home.

Hour later - had the corner rigger fire with a blue-cracked-yellow orange bellied Jplug (color???) and boated a 5 lb laker.

Pulled lines about noon - and when we did - had a small steelie hit the boom rigger with the mag green spoon.

All hits came on a south troll - with the waves.

Bumpy ride for the newbies, tough fishing - AT LEAST it didn't look like the dead sea out there like the last 3 times I've fished. Found some fish and bait - so that made me feel a little bit better.

Ahhh so you had the "puker"......we went 2-2 also with 10 lb fat coho and a steel that was in the 9 lb range. Unfortunately Sunday was a 0-4 with a 5 color screamer breakoff (knot from core to leader failed - 25 lb fluoro) with a green splatterback Ace Hi on it. Bad start to the day and all shakes or knockoffs after that. First and hopefully last skunk this year.