2/3.  King (5.18#) and walleye (5.46#). Lost big steelhead at back of boat when he spit out the hook while just beyond the net.

1/1 150# cu with spotted dick meat rig on 2.2 sog,  south troll, 22 fow. (King)

1/1 4C with Flee-4-all spoon, 2.6 sog, south troll. (Walleye) 38 fow

0/1 DR with pearl/green paddle and. Green meat rig., 35 fow. Hit while pulling it in on the surface, about 50 in back of boat. Heart breaker,  he was BIG!
Water was very cold close to shore. Just about 15 feet below surface.

2016-08-01 16.18.28.jpg

2016-08-01 16.35.54.jpg

2016-08-01 16.20.25.jpg

• Like 5

Interesting; it's not showing on the surface temp charts today or further out with the PS buoy thermisters.

I checked surface temp in and out at PS yesterday and it was not cooler in close.
I don't have a temp probe, so didn't check deeper, but I didn't guess it would flip partially in close.

I guess I need to do some scouting next time before heading out deeper just in case.

Thanks for the comment back.

The cold water seems to be scattering the fish. I was out yesterday (Aug 1) and fished 80-120 fow from Tunnel Park to just north of port Sheldon and went 2 for 5.  2 hits on rigger 100 feet down brought up one small laker.  2 hits on dipsey 100 back yielded a 5 lb coho.  Last hit, and of course the best came on 150 copper, buried the board and snapped the backing just like that.  Fished all weekend and the temp break has been gradually coming up in the water column.  Winds don't seem to have been strong enough to flip the lake but it has been coming in up from below.  Water also seems to be getting colder as I went north.  Probe down 55 ft started out at 48 deg and had dropped down to 42 deg north of Port Sheldon.

• Like 3