I just fished Torch Lake yesterday trying to catch an Atlantic Salmon.  Here is what I learned in about 4 hours of fishing.  I tried fishing out deep (250+) for quite a while trolling the top 50 feet with leadcores 2 colors to full cores.  No hits, very few fish marked but the marks I did see where in top 50 feet.  I fished out deep based on some very limited info I saw on line about the salmon being out there when the water warms up.  I saw a guy trolling in closer so I moved in and found a lot of marks in 100-140 fow.  Marks were from top to bottom. was able to work this area for about an hour before dark and managed on laker on a moonshine spoon 100 down on a rigger.  A lot of marks on the bottom but the marks higher up should have been something else.  That laker was my only hit.  The area I found with all the marks was on the east side of the lake just north and south of where the clam river dumps in.  Please let me know if you have any success as I am going to give it another try.  Good luck.

There is musky in all the chain lakes. I fished torch for trout and salmon one time last summer and marked lots of bait and fish but nothing would bite. There's a lot of forage in there to contend with. I catch my Atlantics in the spring when they are still high in water column. I'm salmon fishing out of Charlevoix and Rogers City this time of year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

Stay away from the sandbar if you will have kids with you. Lots of boats. The lake is really busy on the weekends. There should be bass up the calm river into clam lake. Skegamog has walleye and perch plus musky. Elk lake has Lakers. And all should have smallmouths.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App