4-6 all silver this morning! Set up around 6:00 in 100 just south. Went SW and stayed in about 110-120. First fish was a king on 125 CU hawg wild. Had a huge bump on a dipsey back 125 mag green flasher and spook fly. Then had a hit that came off on a 200 CU yellow submarine. Finally got back into the hooking rhythm when we landed a chromer on a 300 CU flounder pounder. Next was a dink king (16") barely pulled the board back on a 175 with a modified coyote. Finished with another 13 lbsteelhead on the 200 CU yellow submarine. Mostly N/S troll about 2.6-2.8 SOG. 

Both steelhead had bellies full of big ales, kings had nothing. The smaller of the steelhead had almost white meat and a hooked mouth. Did this thing just come out of the river somewhere? If so anybody have a guess as to what it was doing there?

• Like 2

Great job! Good chance it was a skam that ran the river the last time the water flipped a few weeks ago but came back to the lake with the heat we've had when it couldn't find cold water. We got one like that last weekend as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mrhookup said:

Great job! Good chance it was a skam that ran the river the last time the water flipped a few weeks ago but came back to the lake with the heat we've had when it couldn't find cold water. We got one like that last weekend as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app

Thanks! Very interesting, steelhead never cease to confuse me. I was a little timid of the odd color meat but he definitely tasted pretty good! :P