Launched out of the City Ramp 5:30 AM  Zero fishing boats at the ramp (not a good sign)  This was my 1st trip out to the big lake as motor trouble and kids sports kept me on land till Tues.  Hit the end of the channel and went blind, could not see the bow of my 19' boat (rut row) Dropped lines in 40 FOW and kept pointing west on the flat foggy water hoping some crazed Scarab Driver was not going to T Bone me.  Went out to about 120 FOW nothing.  As I could now see about 1/2 mile I decided to look for some charters or at least some intelligent life.  Ran back to the channel mouth when I got to 50 FOW fog was still very solid.  Ran across 2 charters and a couple other boats all hugging the mouth, north, south and some going in the river.  Sounded like spoons on boards with little or no weight were getting the hits.  Messed around in there for another hour or so, saw a couple steels landed, I never had a taker.  Strange vibe out there these days.  Maybe we should let those Asian carp in, as things are already pretty bad and does not look to recover anytime soon....  Will get out later this summer and hope for better results.  

Good Luck out there, 

That sucks. We been having decent year. Out of Holland Coho was best we done in long time. Kings been few each trip last few but size been between 10-17.5 pounds ones we been getting. All of them been coming on copper. Steelhead been hit or miss for us. We try keep fast trool and stay away from the Lakers.

Sent from my N9518 using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

• Like 1

Joe, happy to help share notes in Grand Haven as we've had a solid year out there so far despite the lack of kings. We fished Tuesday night around the piers from 8-10pm with a six rod spread and picked up one king, but was a quite night otherwise. Hit Holland tonight on a friends boat and went 5/10 but fish were deeper as the water warmed from the south winds, 80-100 FOW was best. We should have a nice temp break form over the next week or so with the south winds forecasted which hopefully sets us up for better King fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app