big waves big walleyes 6/27

Fished caseville this morning had lines in at 7 and were back into shore at 915 with our two man limit. We drifted in 5 to 6 foot waves bouncing from 1.0 to 2.0 with the waves. Fished nw of oak point in 40 t0 45 fow dragging meat on the bottom, 55 to 70 off the boards with 3 and 4 oz bouncers, gold and purple was the ticket. We were rewarded with some very large walleye today for our efforts our biggest went 29 inches and our smallest went 24 inches gotta love caseville. I also got a free shower this morning. No fishing tomorrow due to heavy north winds but should be back on water wednesday or thursday.

• Like 1

Thanks frank the east side has been on fire since 3rd week of april, we have been enjoying some world class walleye fishing and what seems to be much larger fish this year according to my records, catching alot 0f 20 to 25 inch fish steady since early spring.

Big wave question...I don't have a kicker motor yet.  My 250 hp outboard sits on the back of my swim platform.  If I am trolling with the waves, in 5+ footers like you were, and I've got both trolling bags out, do I need to worry about a big wave hitting me from behind and swamping my outboard?

Proline 251.JPG

Yes i would say that u may take a wave over the back with the bags out they create too much of a pull when going down into the swell. But if theres waves four foot or bigger there is no reason to troll with your big motor, just drift with the waves. A boat your size should be moving right along. We were not trolling we were drifting with a bow mount trolling motor that we kicked on every once and awhile to keep us straight. If i were u you i would find a place to hookup even a small electric trolling motor they work great.

I Totally agree on the big wave thing. Several years ago We were in 5 to 6's. We were in an eighteen foot Lund.

My Wally partner was in a 29 foot Fountain Sport/Fish. They left just as we started smashing fish included what we call

the Sixell. Six rods out six fish on and yes all six in the box. Without  breaking anything!  I think we made a 3 man limit in

an hour or so.