Cannon down rigger issues

Hey guys and gals this is my second season owning 2 cannon uni troll 10 stx manual down riggers. So far I am not pleased, every time I use them my clutch pads crack and fall apart and then I'm down a rigger. Cannon has sent me 4 new clutch pads since the first time it happened but since then the same has happened with the new pads. I am growing very angry with this issue as you all can imagine. I am wondering if others have had the same issue and what it took to fix it, or if I should be looking at a new brand of down riggers. Any help is much appreciated thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

I'd look for some used electrics, they are so much nicer than manual riggers when the fish are deep.  When I started out, I had 2 homemade manual rigger with 2x6 frames, a washing machine wheel to hold the cable, square steel arms,  a pulley on the end and a nail through the frame to stop it where you wanted it.   Had a round flasher graph to watch depth.    I just kept upgrading from there over the years,

• 3 weeks later...

Trav - get a hold of Bill at Shoreline Service (Muskegon) as he is one of hte original Cannon Service Centers......he will have parts and will make sure if there is some other problem that is causing the cracked clutch pads that it is taken care of. 231 759 8352

It will be best if you can bring the rigger to him. He is at the corner of Lakeshore Drive and McCracken in Muskegon. Building looks like an old gas station and is a plain looking building. Bill will take care of you.

I too have the same model Cannon's - it just happened to me about 2 weeks ago on my second trip out for the year. I use these as boom riggers - and have electrics on the corners> I've had these for 3 years now - and no issue until now. It appears that the clutch pad just disintegrated. I ended up ordering them from on online service as I didn't think they were under warranty any more - they were about $3 each. If this keeps happening to me - I will be calling Cannon - let me know if you get any answers from Cannon - thanks!