Time fished: 8 - 1:30
Area fished (GPS lat/lons 0ptional): south and little north of pier heads
Best depth of water to be over: 38, 42, 48
Most productive troll direction: E, W, N
Depth of hits: Approx 40'
Rigger lead lengths: 15-45'
Number of fishermen aboard: 3
Best lures & colors: white flasher/gr & wh fly; red laser Capt john UV s[poon; or/gr/sil UV spoon
Surface temp: 48-60
Down temp for hits (if known): 30 down was like 47
Troll speed: 2.5 - 2.8
Number and kind of fish caught: 2 lakers; 1 coho; 1 rigger know off w/no one home.

Reel commentary: As predicted was good SE wind to start. Pier guys were getting steelies and so were two charters running in shallows; worked there a few hours and couldn't get any hits, but at 9am trolling north we did get 6lb laker on 4 /1/2 colors on CJ spoon above on port side in 38 fow.

Moved out deeper and worked our way out to 80fow; around 11am laker on port dipsey out 120' on 3 on flasher/fly above; 1:15 on way in port 4 1/2 colors fired again on UV gr/or spoon above.

Mid morning lake settled down to almost calm and got warm, then nice SW breeze and then wind shifted again to NE and air cooled down.

Glad I was finally able to take my cousin out and get him 2 fish.; he lives in South Haven.
"Hockey Puck" ON THE REEL WOMAN Agnello
  • Like 1

Nailer, thks for reply.

Hadn't seen my cousin for quite a while so was nice to take him out and catch up on family stuff.

An irate charter captain though tried to spoil the day. They had boards out n we were just starting to set lines n he went ballistic about us not giving him room.

My cousin was driving so I took the helm and went parrallel to them until we passed them. Then later he turned right in front of us and I put my hands up and he started in again about trolling in circles. Guess it's ok form him to cut me off since he owns the lake.

If he was concerned he should have said it in a nice way instead of ripping in to us. Think he was showing off for his clients.

Even said he was going to call DNR. What a joke. 99.9% of fishermen n charter captains r very curtous but u run into some jerks once in a while.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth about it.

Lady that works at the city launch was very nice n helpful at the cleaning station!!! 2 lakers had fins clipped so Mark filled out the forms n put forms n heads in plastic bags in the freezer there. DNR picks them up once a week.

Be interesting to see info we get back about them.

Not saying you were in the wrong but why were you close enough to someone while setting lines to where you could hear him yelling or make him turn? Not saying that many charter guys dont act like you owe them the turn but also know alot of guys have no clue how to drive espcially around the piers and in the mud, you do not troll east and west but yet every time it flips guys do it and then act like your in the wrong

• Like 1

Steelhead1:,I didn't run up on top of him; I'll admit until we turned he was concerned n so would I be; but  we turned n everything was fine! I never run up on anyone.

The problem was he was reel obnoxious; wasn't necessarily what he said but how he said it. Threatening us and very condescending, i.e he was being an -ss!

My other two mates felt same way. And, they a more mild mannwred than me.

Almost reminded me of charter capt in Manistee, during August harbor patrol trolling out of the channel with 4 boards out. Crazy!!!

• 4 weeks later...