No I'm not, just trying to get as many fishermen involved as possible. The more we show how much bait is in the lake, hopefully they may increase the stocking again of kings. I personally don't believe there is a shortage of bait in the lake. I feel it's all about money and how are State is broke. So if everyone bans together and shows them the amount of bait we are seeing, again hopefully they increase the stocking again.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app

Starting last year I have recorded every trip with my fish finder. The problem is that you could interpret the data any way you like. You could say there is a ton of bait out there. You could also say there isn't that much bait out there. Both statements would be true. I have no real historic data to compare it against. I don't see how anyone else would. Unless they've been recording the fish finder for several years. A simple picture of your fish finder isn't going to tell you anything.

15 hours ago, Steelhead#1 said:

Starting last year I have recorded every trip with my fish finder. The problem is that you could interpret the data any way you like.......Unless they've been recording the fish finder for several years. A simple picture of your fish finder isn't going to tell you anything.

They currently gather trawl data from the same areas each year.  I think they intend to trawl areas which appear promising based on reports provided by fishermen.    

The 2 previous winters were brutal with almost complete ice coverage. And it took much longer for the water temps to warm up like normal. And I feel that the bait stayed in much tighter because of how cold the water was. But this year we had hardly any ice coverage. So hopefully all the bait will be back to there normal range, and the trawlers will see a increase in bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app