Shakedown trip Saturday morning out of Holland. Started heading south in about 30 FOW and worked from 30-50 working in and out with no takers. Plenty of marks. Eventually worked out to 60 and then turned back in and worked shallows down to 20 FOW. Still nothing. Picked up and ran out to 100 to try for lakers and had a couple marks but no luck. Threw everything but the kitchen sink at them, maybe next time.

I am curious though since I've heard guys catching some are you running your body baits clean on mono or using something to get them down like lead or DR? I tried both but was also using some attractors with flies which I'm thinking I could have done without.

Lastly for guys running spin n glows for lakers with luck are you using dodger or flasher of any kind or running clean behind a DR?

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app

We got a few coho yesterday running Smithwick Rogues clean 80 feet behind the a board.  I've also run body baits on a 1 or 2 color when fishing slightly deeper water (more than 20 feet).

I picked up a few lakers today on a trash can dodger with a green/chrome spin n glo on a 30" leader.  Ticking bottom with a mag diver.

I don't do much early season for coho so I don't run much in the way of flasher-fly til the kings are around.  Thin fin on 50' copper was bringing up zebras in 10-20 last Saturday but stick bait on 2 color did just fine

Our best was a 8" trash can with a green fly 45' down over 65'.  Our stuff on the bottom didn't do anything. One off a white dodger with a green spin and glow off a diver, and one on a magnum green dolphin off a 200' copper.