New to the Big Lake

• 1 month later...

The amount of line out  will  depend on where you set up,  But if you were in 60' - 80'  I would let out one dipsey until it just skips on  bottom.  Note the amount of line it took to get there and set the other side about half of that with the drag loose enough to tic out slowly.  Green and silver,  Green and gold behind a trash can dodger should work if you can find fish.  The key is presentation and speed.

Target the bottom 5' in 40-70' of water.  Troll about 2 mph or so.  Trash can, silver, white, yellow, and green all have their moments.  

I like my spin and glows but my two go to rigs are a trash can dodged with a green yogurt fly, and a 10" white crush glow spinny with a purple mirage fly.  These will take kings as well if around.  I sorted my logs and these two alone have taken over 100 fish in the last five  years.  I will cry if either breaks off.  Just pull the rods, head in in silence, get a beer, pour some out on the curb and cry.

• Like 1

Yup, gold Dodgers and spin n glos bouncing bottom. Assuming you have riggers set them about a foot or two off the bottom and you'll get the occasional bounce as the ball hits the bottom. It rings the dinner bell for hungry lakers. As for dipseys I attached a depth chart for you here. As FBD said, target the bottom five feet or so. Good luck! 

image.jpeg