South Haven Annual Launch Pass

Line Dancin

$100. You'll probably have to go to city hall to purchase it since the gate is hardly manned anymore. The city outsourced the management. They are saving money by basically not paying people to be there ever. There was also issues with the fish cleaning station smelling due to not getting properly cleaned. The docks are not getting the goose dropping cleaned off often enough. Then there was also issues with a commercial operator that backs up into the ramp and waits for his rental customers to return an hour or so later. If you ask him not to do that you get threatened to get your ass kicked.

If you read the habor commission meeeting minutes of how they came up with the $100 for the launch fee its a giant joke. Did they look at what Benton Harbor / St Joe / Holland / port sheldon / muskegon / grand haven / saugatuck launch charges? NOPE. We complained and they decided to drop the price i think $75-80 if you're over 65. THANKS maybe in 30+ years when I turn 65 everyone else will charge $100 a year and it will make a little bit of sense.

Perch fishing has been better the last couple of years in St Joe. Salmon fishing is better in Holland. If I lived elsewhere. I would never come here.

Some day you need to ask me how I really feel.

• Like 1

Wow interesting. I was thinking of using the launch for a few weekends for Coho before going to Monroe for mid may through the end of june. I was thinking if it was reasonable enough like Ludington 41 bucks I would just get the annual but screw that. Its way to much for as little as I will use the launch.

St Joe just put in a fish cleaning station at their boat launch. The season pass is $35 @ City Hall. Its 25 more miles down the highway but gas is cheap this year and you'll catch more fish. They also have the Benton Harbor DNR launch across the street from tackle haven which only costs $11 for the year but, st joe has a safer lot.

http://sjcity.com/play-here/197-city-boat-launch

I agree they are not cleaning goose poop off the docks like they used to; also unless you pay the seasonal fee you can't use the indoor rest rooms early in the morning; there is a code and they only give it to season pass holders.  I guess our day use money doesn't qualify us to use indoor rest rooms. Later in the day when someone shows up they are open to all.