Port Sheldon 12-30

New log in.  E mail has changed and new website does not auto log in.  Same old passive aggressive Far Beyond Driven.

Fished Port Sheldon in honestly the roughest stuff I've fished my 14' in before.  Not the worst I've seen, but there was no trough to ride in.  And of course we nailed a 7# steel on a magnum mongoose stinger on a one color.

Dinner in hand we rode them through the channel hitting an 8# pike at the narrows on a red thin fish.  Weird.

Buddy is having pike nuggets, shrimp and steel, and venison back strap tonight.  Hopefully while toasting the lake being kind to idiots this time.

• Like 2

Not sure i want to.  Work blocks this site so i have to use my phone, and the new format looks like a three year old put it together on my disply  I get a migraine just trying to navigate.  Spacing all messed up, icons look like they were puked on the screen, with people's avatars on top of the title of the thread so i cannot access the thread without zooming in twice.  Not tomention i type about six words,shead oof the display so i have to go back and wait and correct.  

• Like 1

Kevin, Good job in rough conditions.

On the site's new format: I access the site on a desktop running W10. Although things are slightly different It's easy for me to navigate and even this old dinosaur will get used to the changes. There always is some glitches when switching software so please be patient. If anyone is having problems please let Chad (BlueEye) know and give the specifics. I'm sure if Chad knows exactly what type of system you are using to access the site he can duplicate the problem and work on a solution. Be patient.

Happy New Year everyone.:)

Nice catch for December Kevin, I've never done it.

More info on the software change on the thread I attached below.  Getting used to the change is hard but the old software was getting obsolete.   PM Blue Eye or post any suggestions here for the site on this thread.  He is looking for suggestions to try to improve the place.  Your feedback can really help.  Kevin, Chad can merge your accounts back into one if you prefer, keep either user name.

http://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/fishing-hunting-outdoors/topic/39811-new-forum-software/

Navigating this "new" format is a nightmare. The  "old" format worked fine for me. Please explain the need for a "new" one. I used to frequent this site often. Now; not so much. All you need to look at is how recent the posts are. You have lost a lot of participation. This decision may have destroyed this forum.

• Like 1

Hi guys - I appreciate all the feedback, both good and bad.  I understand the frustration and appreciate the patience while we work out the bugs.  This is why the upgrade was planned for this time of the year while the site traffic is at its seasonal lowest Dec - Feb. 

I've made a couple updates and fixed several bugs with the mobile version of the site.  I'm hoping this helps to fix some of the overlapping issues that were referenced to above.  With respect to finding new posts, here is a screen shot of where you do that easily. 

I'm going to move some of these posts to the forum upgrade post to keep everything in one place regarding the upgrade.

Thanks again for the continued support!

Chad

1-7-2016 9-11-45 AM.png