Are You Ready?

GLF

I'm ready, but my boat is not. It will take me about a week yet to have it ready to rock. My fishing partner has a 21 Hydrosport with a 200 and 9.9 Johnson, so I guess I am ready. LOL When the weather feels right for these old bones, I'll be out there. It will probably be April before the water temps here get into the 40s. Southern Lake Michigan warms a lot faster.

You guys are killing me! We're a good 4 weeks away here in NY. It's gonna be a high of 17 here today, but then in the high 30's to low 40's for the next 10 days or so. We still have 10' of snow to melt before we can get to some of the barns the boats are stored in!

Wow, sucks to be NY!

I'm totally ready to be out on the water again. My whole fishing crew has been emailing daily about getting out.

Unfortunately, the boat is not ready. I haven't pulled it out of the barn yet. Once I do that, I've got to un-winterize it and install some new goodies. It'll probably be the last week of March or first week of April before I'm out on the lake.

On the plus side, it's only 8 weeks from Sunday for the first West Michigan Fishing League event and only 10 weeks from the South Haven Big Jon pro-am.

We are sooooooo close:)

On the plus side, it's only 8 weeks from Sunday for the first West Michigan Fishing League event and only 10 weeks from the South Haven Big Jon pro-am.

Are you fishing the Big Jon Pro Am?

Are you fishing the Big Jon Pro Am?

That's a lot of snow. It reminds me when I was living in Houghton of the Lake Superior coastline. They had two story mail boxes and and doors on the second floor of houses with no decks attached. They get some snow. It was good fun. :D

GLF--I will be fishing the Big Jon event ouf of South Haven. One of my teammates works with me. Another co-worker is also fishing it, but for another team. It's been good fun watching them talk smack about who's going to catch the bigger fish. :grin:

Either one would love to finish 2nd to last as long as the other finishes last!

GLF--I will be fishing the Big Jon event ouf of South Haven. One of my teammates works with me. Another co-worker is also fishing it, but for another team. It's been good fun watching them talk smack about who's going to catch the bigger fish. :grin:

Either one would love to finish 2nd to last as long as the other finishes last!

My original game plan was to slip the boat in South Haven for the season, and fish the Big Jon Pro Am. I ended up getting a slip in Muskegon for the season. :rolleyes: I still may run the boat down and fish the tourney. I have to see what happens.

I am more than ready, If snow melts around Baldwin, annual steelie trip is planned for next weekend the 15th-18th. We camp so need snow to be gone to get the trailer off the road and down the 2 tracks. Boat should be ready for the lake by the 24th, need to add a few things to make more "fishable" but ready as is if I do not find the time.

Fishography:no: