1 for 1/2. Fished 28ft-135fow NW of piers. Started with crankbaits and spoons. Picked up a small salmon  on  board with a happy meal spoon. Lake turned into 2-4ft chop. Went back into shallower water and waited for lake to calm. Headed back out and marked fish in 135ft but was unable to get them to bite on spoons or flys. Small salmon caught in 60fow  25 down, west troll. 2.5 sog Released him so he could get bigger. He was probably about 16". Water temp same top to bottom (56) degrees.

post-4038-14498788328295_thumb.jpg

post-4038-14498788328384_thumb.jpg

Ed, if you see the temp. is same top to bottom, either move to another location, or try fishing near bottom all the time. Did you mark a lot or no fish? Fish are in temp. breaks 50 degrees +or-. or if no break, then usually near bottom. Water this late is still too warm, too many south winds yet.

Ed, if you see the temp. is same top to bottom, either move to another location, or try fishing near bottom all the time. Did you mark a lot or no fish? Fish are in temp. breaks 50 degrees +or-. or if no break, then usually near bottom. Water this late is still too warm, too many south winds yet.

Thanks for the information. I am just in a small boat and didn't want to go out to 200+ ft. for the colder temps. Steelhead are still in this temp range. I think going from 28ft to 135ft is covering a lot of area. I was marking a large bait pod and working it trying to pull some hungry steelhead out of it, but I wasn't successful. But there is always next time. Thanks again.

Ed,

Fish Tank here. We met as you were leaving. I had the red Lund. You did better than us. We had 9 rods out covering 6 ft down to 140 on riggers at times. We threw everything at them for over 5 hours. We hardly marked anything and made it all the way out to 190 fow. Our first skunk of the year.

To add insult to injury, we broke down coming back in. Some sort of exhaust failure. We limped in at 6 mph. You can see my post on Boat Maintenance called "Diagnose This"

On a side note, your Crestliner is sweet! I have a 1750 FishHawk and love it.

regards..................Fish Tank

Sorry to here about your boat problem. I hope you are able to resolve it. Timing is everything with fishing (right place, bait and time). Extra rods helps with their attraction always help bring the fish to the ones that they finally bite on. More steelhead seem to be a little farther north, that's where I will go next time when the wind settles down. I have picked up more fish on ladder back type spoons lately, just not big ones. Good luck next time out.