Well, finished the season with another skunk; fished pier heads out to 95FOW; one trip on rigger but could have been fatigued rubber band; started out good 3-5s but in few hours was down to 2-3s.

Wanted to try new Triailmaster bunk boat trailer I got week before in Indiana.

Great tandem axle trailer; forgot that bunk trailers have to go into water a little deeper than roller ones.

Only one other boat out and he packed it in around 10am.

Yeah Fishjay, on way over I was concerned about waves; when we left Cooke buoy had 4.6' and S Haven was 3.2; checked before we were to make turn onto 131 and Cooke had come down to 4.2; so since it was on way down we decided St Joe.

at 95FOW it was little rougher than in closer but very fishable.

For what it is worth, DNR creel guy at launch said this time of year go to 150-200' and you will kill them. Not so sure about that.

Is fish cleaning station at S Haven launch still open?

Also, what about rest rooms? I know in morning you had to have code to get into restrooms. Which is BS. If you buy season pass they give you code number but if daily fee you don't. Season guy gave it to us; think it was 1051 but not sure.

If I find a reel nice day may try S Haven 150-200+.

Even though I'm retired from full time electrical engineering still working part time in fall/winter and maintaining my Professional Eng license in Michigan; and now Mich requires you take 30 hours of classes to keep it intact.

So I right now I'm only half way through an online class so it will be tight to finish end of the month. But can prob squeeze in one more fishing day in.

Otherwise, its winterize and take her for winter rest in inside cold storage n Sand Creek farm barn south of Adrian.

Yeah Fishjay, on way over I was concerned about waves; when we left Cooke buoy had 4.6' and S Haven was 3.2; checked before we were to make turn onto 131 and Cooke had come down to 4.2; so since it was on way down we decided St Joe.

at 95FOW it was little rougher than in closer but very fishable.

For what it is worth, DNR creel guy at launch said this time of year go to 150-200' and you will kill them. Not so sure about that.

The DNR guy could very well be right. When i lived down in St. Joe heading out to the 200 FOW area from October through December was usually non stop action. The trick is to time wind/weather and time off! On two different years I even headed out on Christmas with smooth seas and 50*+ temps.

The catch is a real mixed bag with mostly 8 to 15# Kings and Steelhead with some lake trout mixed in too. It is very similar to spring fishing with the cooler water and the fish ready to eat before winter. Since overnight air temps are often below freezing it was only feasible with outboards.