Ramps at holland and port sheldon pulled

FYI. 2 of the 3 ramps have been pulled out of the waterat each location.

Took my new/used boat out for a spin before I winterize it. Just installed a autopilot and ezsteer system. Trolled a little bit for some walleye. Wife and I enjoyed a couple hours on the lake

post-4038-14498788326227_thumb.jpg

Ed, thanks for the info. Great looking rig, very similar to ours that we picked up this year. What kind of autopilot did you get? That and trim tabs are both items we need to add as well.

Thanks, the autopilot is a Raymarine EV-100 with a hydraulic pump since I have hydraulic steering on this boat (this boat is a 2102 Trophy with two 4 stroke motors). My "Littleboat " is mechanically steered so I have a Raymarine Sportpilot on it. The littleboat is a 16 1/2 ft Crestliner Sport Angler.

On this new autopilot, I bought the autopilot, had the hydraulic hoses made up for the length I needed and installed the system myself.

post-4038-14498788326325_thumb.jpg

Great looking Trophy. I have a Trophy 1952WA and love it.

Not trying to be a smart alec or stir anything up, just asking the question...why do you have the 2 boats?

I almost just did the same thing but didn't pull the trigger on a 14' Sea Nymph with a 9.9 Mercury OB and a electric trolling motor and trailer and a cover. Great shape, and a fair price. Just wasn't sure I could justify having the 2 boats. Wasn't sure I would get the use out of the "little boat".

Just curious.

Thanks.

Great looking Trophy. I have a Trophy 1952WA and love it.

Not trying to be a smart alec or stir anything up, just asking the question...why do you have the 2 boats?

I almost just did the same thing but didn't pull the trigger on a 14' Sea Nymph with a 9.9 Mercury OB and a electric trolling motor and trailer and a cover. Great shape, and a fair price. Just wasn't sure I could justify having the 2 boats. Wasn't sure I would get the use out of the "little boat".

Just curious.

Thanks.

Good question, my wife always asks me the same thing. I enjoy different types of fishing. Alot of times (jigging etc ) the launches are too small or too shallow for a larger boat and jigging off a larger boat is much more difficult. I can can do rivers and small lakes etc when I do my walleye thing. Hence the "litteboat". This past summer I had to cut my fishing short many times and stay closer to shore because of the waves especially when it turned to chop.

The larger boat lets me go the distance 200+ fow and feel safer. Now I can fish on more days under conditions that my littleboat would be borderline. It's a safety issue mainly as opposed to pushing the limits of a smaller vessel.

Great looking boat! It would kill me to have bought a new toy and have to put it away for the winter!

It does, but I'm putting in some new kitchen countertops and painting the kitchen. I watch the weather closely and the "littleboat" is armed, easy to launch and ready to get up to muskegon and catch a fall walleye in between projects.

Saw you out there and I think you launched right before I did. Red Lund 21' cuddy. That is a sweet looking rig for sure. Yours that is! Mine is more of a floating bathtub. Also saw you trolling the south shore of lake mac as we were heading out. BTW - 1 for 3 with a 13 pd steelhead on 200 copper - superslim orange crush. It was slow but the biggest steelie I've caught in years. We're not done yet - I've got a few more trips in me. :)

................Fish Tank

Saw you out there and I think you launched right before I did. Red Lund 21' cuddy. That is a sweet looking rig for sure. Yours that is! Mine is more of a floating bathtub. Also saw you trolling the south shore of lake mac as we were heading out. BTW - 1 for 3 with a 13 pd steelhead on 200 copper - superslim orange crush. It was slow but the biggest steelie I've caught in years. We're not done yet - I've got a few more trips in me. :)

................Fish Tank

I remember seeing you. Good catch. I wanted to hit the big lake, but I was to busy checking the boat systems out. How deep was the bite on and what time did it hsppen?

It does, but I'm putting in some new kitchen countertops and painting the kitchen. I watch the weather closely and the "littleboat" is armed, easy to launch and ready to get up to muskegon and catch a fall walleye in between projects.

See now he is finishing the Honey-Do list after he got the new boat. He gets new boat, she gets new kitchen. Love it,

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Do you like the auto pilot? Was it easy to install?

I have a center console with an outboard and was planning on installing the Lowrance auto pilot this winter

I like the autopilot. Planning the installation was the time consuming part, especially on a smaller boat with limited space. I'm not familiar with available space on a center console. Pics of my installation attached. Hydraulic hoses are not cheap and you want to keep the sizes as short as possible. Make sure you have some sort of connection to a gps antenna via fishfinder unit (you will need the mfg cable to the autopilot) or stand alone golfball type which I did to use the patterns that the autopilots can do (zig-zag, figure 8s, cloverleafs, 180 turns etc).

I'm not familiar with the lowrance autopilot and it's components. But they must be similar.

Autopilots usual come with everything, but hoses, mechanical types for cable steer, obviously don't need them. I left room at my helm for a future larger screen unit and Fishawk. The boat happened to come with a 5" Lowrance 2nd Gen HDS with a built in gps.

Hopes this help.

post-4038-14498788326403_thumb.jpg

post-4038-14498788326486_thumb.jpg