Underwater led lights question

Line Dancin

We have 2 Coastal night lights (DS style) on our boat in blue light. They are awesome!! We can see the fish when it is about 30-35 feet out. Might be a bit of overkill but it works for us. What you see on the web site IS what you should have after install with the DS version.

You could probably get away with using only one but having two lets you see across the entire width of the transom and an additional area out to the side. This helps when/if you get your fish to the boat and it still a bit green. We have not had a fish get into a rigger cable since we put them on this year.

Just to note: our rigger hits this year in the dark was off the charts. They out produced the divers about 4 to 1 when fishing them above 40-45 feet. Might just be coincidence or all the good advice received on this forum. Who knows? My financial advisor thought they were a good purchase. All that really matters to me. LOL

Edited by picman
additional info
  • Like 1

We have 2 Coastal night lights (DS style) on our boat in blue light. They are awesome!! We can see the fish when it is about 30-35 feet out. Might be a bit of overkill but it works for us. What you see on the web site IS what you should have after install with the DS version.

You could probably get away with using only one but having two lets you see across the entire width of the transom and an additional area out to the side. This helps when/if you get your fish to the boat and it still a bit green. We have not had a fish get into a rigger cable since we put them on this year.

Just to note: our rigger hits this year in the dark was off the charts. They out produced the divers about 4 to 1 when fishing them above 40-45 feet. Might just be coincidence or all the good advice received on this forum. Who knows? My financial advisor thought they were a good purchase. All that really matters to me. LOL

Are you saying you keep your underwater lights on while trolling and its helping you get more rigger hits?

They are on while trolling (and I know that someone will give me grief about it too). Not sure what to attribute the increased hits to. It could be pure coincidence.

All I know is that my only setup change from last year (June) to this year (June) is the lights.

I will say the morning bite on LM off Kewaunee this year has been very short. About an hour after sun up and most considered the bite over. We started getting out sooner than normal. That might also have something to do with it. Will know more next year.

All I know is that the lights definitely made it easier to get fish into the net versus using just a headlamp to see the fish. And I do have a fairly bright one. Perhaps getting the line back into the water faster.........

• Like 1