South Haven perch and salmon, 9-20

Fished out of South Haven for perch in the am on 9-20. Worked all over the water in front of the dunes from 30 feet out to 55 feet. Marked lots of fish but only caught 6. I did not see any of the other 25 or so boats catching many either. The 6 we caught were nice size.

Went out salmon fishing in the afternoon. My thoughts were to work in shallow but all of the morning fisherman reported no luck in close. Ran out to 100 and caught a 12 pound king on a swr on rigger with a yellow and green ace high plug set down 85. That was the only king we caught. Worked from 100, out to 135 and back in to 80. The current was pretty strong. We did manage to catch 5 lake trout so it wasn't a bad night, just hoping for a few more salmon.

The lakers came on 300 copper with modified blue dolphin spoon, large green paddle and fly combos and a 200 copper with green ladder back j plug.

Thanks for the report. I think we talked to you on the dock, around noon. I had the blue Lund. We caught 2 fish (1 Brown trout and 1 king) and were apparently the first ones to use the cleaning station at about 12:30PM. It seemed like everyone out there was searching for the fish. I think the mature kings have finally pushed up river.