Hey guys, I'll be fishing out this port and on Lake Huron for the first time this weekend from Thursday evening through Sunday morning. I typically fish out of the Grand Haven and Port Sheldon areas on Lake Michigan and have been doing it for quite a while, but I have no familiarity with Lake Huron or the Rogers City area. Any advice on where to start and what to look for this weekend up there? What bait shops are good to stop into for info? Sounds like I'll primarily be targeting Steelhead and lakers, have there been any kings or cohos around recently? Thanks in advance for any help!

This time of the year focus on swan bay for staging Salmon. Fish anywhere from 10 FOW to 60 FOW. When in shallow try Ace Highs and Bombers off flatlines. 30-60 FOW, go to: spoons, meat, and plugs for Kings. Steelies will be out deeper, and like anywhere else try the upper part of the water column with anything orange or red. You are likely to bump into Lakers anywhere here.

If you want to venture West/North go to the 40mile pt light house and fish anywhere from 50FOW-130FOW. Here you will target steelhead, Lakers, and younger year classes of still silver kings.

Here is a MDNR report from the area: http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10364-34956--,00.html#NELP. Julie does a good job a capturing what is going on in the area.