1985 Bayliner Trophy 2450

Fuddly

FOR SALE: 1985 Bayliner Trophy 2450. This has been a fantastic boat for my brother and I, however, we just haven't had the time to use it this season, and feel it would be better off going to a new captain. We have taken very good care of this vessel, with upgrades to the throttle/shift control systems, lower unit, and electronics in the last 3 years. All routine maintenance has been performed religiously, and winterization has been completed professionally by Starboard Choice Marine in Mishawaka, IN. The boat rides on a dual axle, easy loading trailer that has been equipped this season with new surge trailer brakes. The purchaser of this boat will also receive all four downriggers/downrigger balls, all electronics (brand new Lowrance Elite 7 graph/GPS, professionally installed in 2014; stereo with Bluetooth capability; marine radio), fish cooler, and some rods, baits and fishing equipment. Lots of fishing space in the back of this boat, and comfortably fishes with 4-6 people in the boat. Asking $6,500. Located in South Bend, Indiana.

If you're interested in this boat, feel free to private message me (Kevin) with any questions. Thanks a lot for taking a moment to read our ad. Feel free to spread the word about this great boat!

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/fudderly/library/Big%20Boat

• 4 weeks later...
Can you give me more information on the boat , hours , engine size, last time the gimble bearing were serviced , looks like it may have a cuddy ? HEAD? Any aft curtins?

Motor is an OMC Cobra, 5.0L, 230 HP. Motor has always ran great. Just replaced the alternator last year. Prop is in good shape. Not sure how many hours are on it. I bought it used and have at most put 100 hours on it. I had the out drive replaced last spring (2014) with a used/rebuilt 1993 unit that the marina had. The gimble bearing was still in good shape and was greased before the new outdrive was installed.

There is a back curtain to enclose the cockpit area. I don't remember the last time I actually had it on, its been folded up and in the cuddy. May need a little button/snap maintenance, but I believe it is in decent shape. I can look next time I get a chance.

Boat does have a cuddy. We've mainly used it for storage, no head. The cushions are getting close to needed recovered. At one point the bow hatch had a leak, so there are some water stains on the covers. We've since pulled the hatch out, cleaned, resealed, and re-installed it. Replaced the seal gasket on the hatch also. It requires some general maintenance every year with applying new caulk around it.

There are two bilge pumps, on under the cuddy floor and one in the engine compartment. Blower, trim tabs, driver side wiper, lights in the cockpit and in the cuddy. The horn needs replaced.

Don't know exactly what to tell you on fuel consumption. Never really monitored it enough to give exacts. It has a 110 gal tank and we usually kept it between 1/4-1/2 tank. I know if we ran out 10 miles or so, fished all day and ran back in it would use roughly a 1/4 tank. If you're just trolling out of the harbor and not running much, you don't notice much usage.

Top speed is roughly mid 30's, cruise mid to upper 20's. Has trim tabs, work great for keeping the boat balanced.

Boat is around 3600 lbs. It trailers very well and with the brakes, it doesn't beat the truck up too bad. Loads and unloads very smoothly with the roller bunks.

I personally have loved fishing out of this boat. I own it jointly with my brother and we've just had too much going on in our day to day lives to get out on the lake as much as we'd like to. I owned a 21' Trophy prior to this one and it was a no brainer for me to purchase this when we did. Lots of fishing room and very solid in the water.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

There are some visual defects in the glass in certain places, but they have been there ever since I bought the boat.  Never been an issue for me.  The bow, where it rests on the front roller, has some glass damage due to the roller drying out and breaking during towing one time.  Again, never been a problem.  As far as the transom, I've never had any issues, but I also don't know what I'd be looking for.

All in all, this has been a fantastic boat!  Only selling it because I don't have the time to fish like I used to.

• 11 months later...