Caught a channel salmon today looked more stubby then I thought. I was jigging down the channel while my efforts to pull hard baits, spoons, flys and plugs failed. He broke my hook. I used a 1/2 oz jig (way too heavy) and a plastic minnow (frosted pepper). Waves were breaking over the pier occasionally. Heard 1 salmon caught in 90' and another. On the radio.

post-4038-1449878829481_thumb.jpg

The kids and I saw you out there that morning. It was a beautiful morning yesterday and an especially beautiful sunrise. Too bad fishing was pretty poor! We seen 1 king caught on the north pier at sunrise. As for us we got up at 3.45am and got out there and dragged moonshine jplugs through the dirty & clean water out front for a couple hours even before the sunrise. It was a gamble and I should have known better that with the warmer water temp it would not pay off. We went 1 for 2. Caught a king on a half-core with monshine mongolian beef. Missed just a hog of a king that creamed one of our orange board high lines that happened to be one of my older Okuma MAG45 reels where the drag does not always work apparently and get this the thing nearly broke the pole and eventually the line and ran off into the waves with our orange board and the whole deal! Salt on the wound for getting up so early and battling the solid 3 footers in darkness for hours. We will make them pay though and get em back the next time the water rolls over a little and the lake flattens... :)

post-5451-14498788294898_thumb.jpg

post-5451-1449878829519_thumb.jpg

post-5451-14498788295295_thumb.jpg