Port Sheldon am, 9-10-15

Fished (80-110) north of the port, from 5:30-7:30 am, then it got too rough for the "Littleboat ". 0/3 this morning, south troll 2.3 sog at ball, all on the same combination of poofster glow fly, 8" pearl sd on a wire diver set 3 at 110 bk before the last hit took it, but at least I got the dipsy. Nothing on plugs or meat. Waves turned into 3-4 ft chop. All of the fish were able to shake the hook before I  could pull in the slack??? Yet they when they hit,  it just about pulled the pole out of its holder.

Port sheldon is quite dark making it difficult to launch. They definitely need some lighting.

I also called and got a reference for a Roullie Johnson. Who puts in the $ request for that particular launch site. I left him a message to call me back so we can get a light installed/fixed there. I thought I saw some sort of nearby tall pole that would have the possibility of mounting a new light? I'll see what happens with all this as the clock turns.

Just heard back from Rollie. DNR approved new light. Consumers has the work order to install on post nearest the launch and it is on their schedule. Let's hope they are night/early morning fisherman too. Maybe they will surprise us and even install it on a new post even in a better position?

I just received a call from an official from Holland State Park responding to my email last week. She confirmed that Consumers has an open work-order to repair the light. She believed that it would be done this week.

I thanked her for the call and also asked who could look into a longer term plan to provide adequate lighting for the entire parking lot and docks. Repairing one light is hardly going to solve the problem. From her comments, it sounds like Consumers is reponsible for this lot. If so, I'm guessing that they can afford to invest a little capital to ensure safety and security of those using the lot and ramps. Either way, she agreed that it needs a review and she committed to look into it.

It can't hurt to ask...