Expensive 0 for 1 Sunday morning out of Holland.

Setup on WSW troll @ 5:00 in 100 FOW with glow and white program. Tons of marks, no takers.

Fished from there out to about 140 and everywhere in between, mostly staying on the deeper side of most boat traffic. Had our only hit on a braid dipsey back 210 on 1.5 within seconds of me moving it from 180 to 210. Blue e-chip protroll flasher with a rapture blue hypnotist fly behind a glow wonderbread diver. Had a good hook up and very strong fish that we got down to 100' back on linecounter, broke off my 50# Powerpro and took all my gear... :mad::(

We ran plugs on copper, meat or flies on downriggers, dipseys and lead. Nothing taking and was fishing everything down about 60-80 where the temp break was. Did mark fish at 20 down almost all day so I ran a 4 color double orange crush, but no action there either.

Also managed to snap 1 year old cannon downrigger cable with my 12# ball attached. Was ready to set line in blacks release and hit the down just a small amount to get the ball to come closer. Bounced it and splash goes the cannonball and terminal tackle. Very glad it wasn't my rigger with probe and glad I had spares of everything to get back up and running in a few minutes.

Anyone had 50# braid break and/or any tips for identifying weak points?

Anyone had downrigger cable break and/or tips for identifying weak points?

I'm thinking I'll add downrigger snubbers so I don't jolt them like I did and add a little shock absorption. The dipsey also had a snubber behind it, so that one just blew my mind.

I use 50# Cabella Ripcord, one with a uni knot splice, for my dipseys and my FL deep sea fishing and haven't broke yet. I've only lost one 10# ball since using tru-track terminators starting about 20 years ago. Used to use clinched terminators and lose balls too often.

Don B