Starter.

OK, i'm confused. Still having starting issues......... checked the cables, good, batteries,good.......new ignition switch..................solenoid is good........ pulled my starter and had it checked at Advance Auto, barely turned over......,then stopped completely............ trying to find a replacement online......... can someone help me on this? I have a 1992 Glasport 22' fishing boat......... it's a 4.3 mercruiser I/O. The ones i'm finding, say 1996 and up.... the one i have is a Delco Remy 9000762 i believe........:confused:

I had no luck with DB electrical starters. The first one I got from them for my 140hp Mercruiser blew the gears out within 2 weeks, they sent a replacement and within 4 months the new one went out too. They were both Chinese made and not worth the time and effort to try a third one. I went back to the original OEM starter and haven't had a problem since.

I had no luck with DB electrical starters. The first one I got from them for my 140hp Mercruiser blew the gears out within 2 weeks, they sent a replacement and within 4 months the new one went out too. They were both Chinese made and not worth the time and effort to try a third one. I went back to the original OEM starter and haven't had a problem since.

Thanks for the input. I never tried a starter from there and it's good to hear from someone who has. I did buy a new Delco alternator from them a few years back. The original alternator on my 140 Mercruiser was a Mando and it was Korean made. I could have had it rebuilt for $150 (parts expensive) or buy the new compatible Delco for around $70.

Here i am! Had the D/R starter rebuilt AND purchased a new starter.... the boat cranks over great......... but still won't fire........... a touch of ether in the carb, and still nothing..........never had this issue before, could it be the distributer cap? I appreciate all the help guys...........gotta get my dad out on the water before the end of the summer....

Here i am! Had the D/R starter rebuilt AND purchased a new starter.... the boat cranks over great......... but still won't fire........... a touch of ether in the carb, and still nothing..........never had this issue before, could it be the distributer cap? I appreciate all the help guys...........gotta get my dad out on the water before the end of the summer....

Spark, Fuel, Compression. From what you tried it's probably something to do with ignition. Wires, Coil, Spark, Plugs, points, rotor, cap, etc. Did you check for spark?