Charter Captain Fishermen

Just like to know why,

I know you charter fishermen are pretty busy taking your customers out fishing to make a living. But how come I never see any fishing reports on your charter trips. I see Hitman charters and Westraights fishing reports, but no one elses. If I missed you that does do it, Im sorry I just didn't remember. But just seems like it would be good buisness to report all fishing trips with fishing reports that you have may have during your day out fishing. You don't need to put any cordinace on the postings but an idea when and where you fished with pictures. Seems like a customer that like to take a fishing charter out fishing would like to see results on the charter fishing trip to see who would be the best charter to take out.

Just wondering why,

Caznik

Hey Guys,

I don't know how many of you know that I write the Grand Haven Steelheaders online fishing report daily, or at least every couple of days if possible, for the last three years. It has been a huge success with a lot of compliments from fellow anglers. I try to write the report to mainly target weekend anglers and give them a good starting location and possible lure selections. Much of the feedback I have received is thanking me for helping weekend anglers eliminate water and giving them an approximate starting idea since they haven't been fishing in a week or two, or maybe even longer.

The report can be accessed through the Grand Haven Steelheaders website and under the section "Captain Jon's Fishing Report." I usually keep a week's report on the site for viewers to refer back to over the last few days for lure colors, water depths, and the changes that have occurred, etc. Beginning this year, I am going to post the identical reports on this website. Hopefully, this happens daily or as often as possible depending on tournament schedules and charter trips, etc. I hope to help a lot of fellow anglers out by posting on this website as well!!!

Caz.

You'll probably never read them, but I write weekly reports in the summer for Franks Great Outdoors and many others who print the reports on their sites. And usually post the pictures of that weeks catch if theres space. Of course they are all about walleyes on the inner Saginaw Bay. ;):P

Well, I can vouch for Sporty and say those boys are too busy fishing to even get to a computer. I know by the time they are done running doubles thet have been at it from 4:00 AM to 12:00 AM. Last thing I would want to do is post my report on the computer. At best once a week might be possible.

What are you "fishing" for here Caz? Seems like you want people to tell you where to fish and what to run?

That's about right Mark. During the charter season, I am busy fishing, and not usually close enough to a computer to post.

But if you really want to know what's working for us, and when, how, and where.....get a bunch of guys from the site together and book a charter for an on the water seminar!;) Heck, book several of them!:grin:

That's about right Mark. During the charter season, I am busy fishing, and not usually close enough to a computer to post.

But if you really want to know what's working for us, and when, how, and where.....get a bunch of guys from the site together and book a charter for an on the water seminar!;) Heck, book several of them!:grin:

LMAO I like this friendly rivalry. Capt. Levi would never be the same, if a bunch of us chartered his boat. The Captain may even learn a thing or three. We could leave the bar @ 2:30, be on the dock @ 4:00, and proceed to show the good Capt. how to run a chum line.:lol:

But seriously I don't drink and boat.

LMAO I like this friendly rivalry. Capt. Levi would never be the same, if a bunch of us chartered his boat. The Captain may even learn a thing or three. We could leave the bar @ 2:30, be on the dock @ 4:00, and proceed to show the good Capt. how to run a chum line.:lol:

But seriously I don't drink and boat.

I will bet we couldn't teach or show Levi nothin he hasn't seen or done before!:D

Count me among those who posts a report on just about every trip. Granted, we're on Lake Ontario and this board tends to be dominated by the Lake Michigan guys.

It's tiring at the end of the day, but I feel it's well worth it.

Well, I can vouch for Sporty and say those boys are too busy fishing to even get to a computer. I know by the time they are done running doubles thet have been at it from 4:00 AM to 12:00 AM. Last thing I would want to do is post my report on the computer. At best once a week might be possible.

What are you "fishing" for here Caz? Seems like you want people to tell you where to fish and what to run?

COME ON NOW.....You tell me that they are more busy than a normal weekend fishermen that fishes on the great lakes. YA RIGHT.....I know all about charter fishing and how much time they have for free time. I have a buddy that charters at Manistee and he allways takes time to post his reports with the catch of the day just for some good results for other fishermen that like to take his charter. Just seems like charter fishermen would post more for there results. If I was going to plan on taking a charter fishing trip I would like to see some report of his fishing and lots of pictures.

CAZZZ

Rich catches fish. He doesn't need anyones help. Shoot we all catch fish. It'd be nice if we could all catch more fish!

We could shorten up his tournaments a little that way and wouldn't have to hear him talk so much!

Caz does just fine out fishing without reports from charters. He just want to hear how everyone is doing. I know quite a few charters out of South Haven that are full time charters and have the time to post reports and even have time to have a barley pop and discuss how their charter went.:(

Caz.

Kidding aside your apsolutley right. I know I get more business either directly or indirectly, when sharing my successes, techniques and general information through reports and pictures. But all of us have to be careful, honest and never guarantee on Saturday the same success we enjoyed on Monday. :P:D

Hey Charter fishermen,

Im sorry if you was thinking that I was attacking you at all. But just like to see more fishing report from you guys on here. I have alot of people asking me who would be the best charter to take. So what I go by is fishing reports and pictures by charter fishermen. So I hope you charter fishermen forgive me now. I hope you all have a great year fishing this year.

Rich

:)

LMAO I like this friendly rivalry. Capt. Levi would never be the same, if a bunch of us chartered his boat. The Captain may even learn a thing or three. We could leave the bar @ 2:30, be on the dock @ 4:00, and proceed to show the good Capt. how to run a chum line.

Actually I have had all of the Fish Dog Boys and their guests onboard for different outings. (Usually bachelors parties:D ) Good times indeed! They are all great guys, good fisherman, and good friends. And I wasn't always a charter either. I have swilled many a brew around the campfire with the MS boys and shared some fun excursions with them as well. Can you say chum line?:P

A lot of members from here and other sites call me frequently on the phone and radio as well as PMs. I try to help all who ask. (unless I'm too busy netting fish and resetting lines). And some occassionally come into the boathouse, grab a brew, and pull up a chair when I happen to be there. Just ask em, I love to talk fishing just about as much as the act of fishing itself. But not quite!:D;)

And for pic's, go to my site: www.sportboatcharters.com to the photos page. I post all I can(good days and slow ones too). Unless I forget to charge my camera batteries! (and usually a few weeks or more after the charter when I actually get to go home:) )