0 for 1, all I was able to get was a release on a DR with a meat rig. Earlier saw a boat drifting with what looked like no people in it. Pulled my lines to go and see if they had lost power or worst. I wasn't the closest boat, but evidently the only one who would do it. I went over and fortunately they were OK. They were just drifting 5 miles off shore and enjoying it. Very unsettling when someone is concerned that something worst may have happened. They thanked me, but I wished they had done it closer to shore.

Also, people at the launch ramp evidently don't know what "good manners" mean. I was cut off by non fisherman while trying to launch my boat, while I was waiting for others to get their act together retrieving their boat. What a mess at the dock. I guess it's about THEM!

Edited by littleboat

Yea Port Sheldon is a mess thats for sure, lots of Rich plessure boats that look down at you and cut you off. Had a guy with 2 jet ski's talk to a friend on the phone for 10 ish minutes last time out with trailor just sitting in the water, then he put the skis on the trailer and pulled out but only 10 ft. and took another 10 strapping them down while still blocking the ramp and 4 boats waiting to get in:confused: I think it is more stupidity than anything else.

I agree. It's all about THEM. I call it video mentally, where it turns into a tunnel vision effect, wiping out the world around them. It's unfortunate, they will miss alot and their "manners" will probably push the button on the wrong person someday? I think I'm going to go back to fishing in the AM, where there are less people.

I've had to pull my boat into the dock very very fast to cut off someone launching in the retrieve lane. When the jump out of their truck and look at me I yell "R E T R I E V E SPELLS RETRIEVE". Must be something about a 6'3 250lb man with a large beard that gets the point thru....

That launch is stupid once the hangover crowd wakes up. If you 4wd and can launch without a dock, there's a slab launch on the south side of the lake behind the restaurant. If you can fit under the bridge there is a deeper launch at the end of Holly Drive.

My biggest pet pev down there is trying to back down at night or launching in the morning and people don't turn their headlights off. I've tried to explain it to some before but all I get back is blank stares. Apparently it's hard to understand that your lights blind other people in the dark trying to back down. I try my best to be the first one there in the morning or the last one out to avoid all that. Absolute worst though is coast guard festival after the fireworks when the launch is filled with drunk people trying to load their big powerboats that they take out once a year.