Inner Bay 8/11/2015 Two Foot or Less times 2

I checked the winds off the light and buoys when I got up and the NW winds were in the range to produce the predicted two foot waves. I fished with Gary K, Joe S, and Tom K, The two foot waves quickly built to 3s with an occasional 4 footer. I think it must have been one of the two foot waves that washed the top of my cooler. :lol: With the conditions we couldn't run the patterns that I wanted only go with the waves or back up against them. The screen was filled with fish almost constantly with few takers. We did get into some active fish towards the end of our trip. Joe works 2cd shift so we had to pull lines around noon. I would have liked to have stayed an hr longer as the fish were cooperating better towards the end. 11-29 FOW pulling BB and meat off two down rods and 10 OR 12 Offshore boards. The down rods did more than their share. We ended with 11 walleyes and a 10 inch perch. The perch are schooling up and it should be a good yr for them. Joe had to run to get on the GM clock and Gary and Tom took their limit of walleye. I kept one chunky 23" fish and the perch for our fresh fish dinner last night. They yielded 1-1/2#. I'll have the leftovers for lunch today or take on the boat tomorrow. Out best color was glow chartreuse on the down rods. Hammered copper and hammered nickel on the boards. It was a good trip with good people. The only time it really felt rough was on the turns when for a brief period we would be broached in the waves. Thanks again Gary, Joe, and Tom for joining me on the ever changing Saginaw Bay.:)