Pretty good morning. Managed to go 3 for 3 fishing solo with only two rods. 1 king on a green spin doctor with glow and green fly combo 45' down NW troll. 1 king 120' 65' down on rigger on a plug that I Made with a pearl head and glow body. 1 king 80' S troll 55' down on rigger on the same plug as the previous one. Best speed was around 2.7 SOG. post-4261-14498788244173_thumb.jpg

post-4261-14498788243512_thumb.jpg

post-4261-14498788243867_thumb.jpg

post-4261-14498788244051_thumb.jpg

Trolling with the waves it isn't too bad. I have a kicker linked with a steering connector rod to the main and I have it set with a fair amount of tension so it likes to hold where I aim it. If I'm going into the waves, or sideways to them, I can stand next to the wheel and still steer while I'm fighting the fish. I usually just take a little more time bringing the fish in to tire them out more and either pull them alongside to net or net them off the back. I actually used to stop to fight fish when I first started fishing believe it or not, but I've gotten pretty good at my new system since.

I have seen people do that, but I havn't really found a need yet with my setup. That is the first generation copilot also. I think I have ever had that thing in the water maybe 4 times since I have bought the boat, since I usually only fish for salmon. I have tried it out before, and I have found that although it works, it definitely doesn't hold a perfect course. My friend has one of the new GPS ones that he uses like that for trolling, and that thing is incredible on a small boat.

Nice job.

I also solo fish and was out of PS on Sunday - was 1 for 2; 2nd one never really hooked up but I saw him jumping.

I use the Terrova GPS autopilot and makes all the difference for me; I tried without it and had a few terrible tangles when fighting fish, into the waves, and the boat direction changed too quick.

Where is the cleaning station you were at?

Is that at Holland?

Finding a place to clean fish when out of PS or Grand Haven is still a mystery to me.

I always go to the one in holland on Ottawa beach at the launch site on lake Mac. It isn't too bad of a drive and it is a really nice place to clean your fish so it's worth it. Plus I don't get yelled at by my wife for the fish stinking up the garbage so that's the biggest bonus.

I will say also relative to the cleaning station thing, that I have seen guys at port Sheldon clean fish on the dock and throw the carcasses in the cattails. I haven't seen that this year yet but I have seen it in years past and it really ticks me off because it leaves a slippery mess on the docks not to mention it's rude and illegal.

If I catch several fish I just go to the dnr station at holland. If I catch just one or l just don't want to drive down there that night, I pull out a my fish table (you can buy one between 60-90$) have my hose and drain bucket handy and clean the fish. I take the guts and put them in a separate bucket with a lid and take them to the dnr station and put them through the grinder. I keep the bucket outside until I make the trip. It keeps the mess out of the house. I put a raymarine autopilot on my littleboat for fishing. I fish alone almost all the time. It's not cheap, but it's the best.