South Haven 8/8 AM 8/9 AM

Saturday fished 95-120 fow north. Went 5 for 7 200c with watermelon spoon took a 12# king fullcore with blue jeans glo/uv spoon took 18# king rigger down 45 with green jeans spoon took 18# king 100c with bumble bee spoon took a laker and rigger down 65 took a laker with a white glo j plug.

Today was tuff for us at least, fished a hair north went 1 for 5, first bite came on fullcore with blue jeans glo/uv spoon next bite came on fullcore again while fighting that fish 200c with a wonder bread spoon fired lost that fish before the board was to the boat the fish on fullcore was a massive laker and lost him right at the boat, then 100c ripped and drug the board under causing us to loose that fish and finally boated a nice steelie on 100c with a bumble bee spoon.

I have a specific file I got with a rapala kit. Came with pliers, file, holder, knife. It has a narrow groove the full length of the file. You can just pick up a hook sharpening file any sporting store I think.

Method 1. Get a 6 pack of beer, sit in the boat and sharpen each hook 1 by 1. Every hook should sit on your thumb nail with the spoon dangling down. If it sticks to your thumb, it's sharp. Go until the 6 pack is gone or all your hooks are sharp.

Method 2. Do it while the fishing is slow in the boat trolling. Also can be done with a 6 pack (or 30 with friends).

My trips so far are...

7-7

5-5

2-3

5-7

The losses came on hooks that had a fish and I got it right back in the water...I will be taking a minute to sharpen them before they go in the water.

Last year was around 90% landing ratio