Fri 8/7/2015 Tough Bite Walleye East breeze Au Gres

I fished with Ken R, Joe W, and Skip S, on Fri in 24-34 FOW. I fished an area that I hadn't fished since the late 80s. Maybe I'll try it again in another 20-30 yrs.:lol: The bite was slow and tougher than our last trip, but at one point we took 4 nice ones in about 10-15 minutes. The boats crowded in and after one particular move I left the area.:yikes: Good rod handling can make or break you on these tougher days. We ended with 12 chunky walleye. Our best color and rod combination was glow chartreuse on the down rods. The 2 down rods took over half our fish with one rod in particular really doing it to em. Other colors hammered copper and antifreeze. I'll fight the weeds next trip. Speed had to be around 1.5 MPH or they wouldn't hit. A couple of big cats, gobies, and a few smaller sheep head also liked our speed and presentation. 2oz bb with spinner rigs off the boards, and 3oz on the down rods. Thanks Skip, Joe, and Ken for making my day. I didn't take any fish home.:)

Nice job P1!

Griz and I will be fishing deep water tomorrow morning. Then we are going to pick up the ladies at the dock and to play in the water. I'll post good, bad or indifferent. I figure we have about 3 hours to fish., better then nothing.

Are you suggesting you waved the net and others swarmed you?

Nice job P1!

Griz and I will be fishing deep water tomorrow morning. Then we are going to pick up the ladies at the dock and to play in the water. I'll post good, bad or indifferent. I figure we have about 3 hours to fish., better then nothing.

Are you suggesting you waved the net and others swarmed you?

You got it. One boat in particular. He even shut down right in front of us and everyone onboard started pulling lines. I think they reset for different depths and then started back to trolling. That move made it impossible for me to hold course pushing me on to some shallow structure. We were able to make a couple more short passes but were never able to hit the mark I wanted because of the added traffic. I had the tools to really make their day but decided to finish elsewhere.

It was looking too rough for me to plan any fishing for Sun. If you do get out GL to you and Griz. Give my best to Beth and the A Team.

You got it. One boat in particular. He even shut down right in front of us and everyone onboard started pulling lines. I think they reset for different depths and then started back to trolling. That move made it impossible for me to hold course pushing me on to some shallow structure. We were able to make a couple more short passes but were never able to hit the mark I wanted because of the added traffic. I had the tools to really make their day but decided to finish elsewhere.

It was looking too rough for me to plan any fishing for Sun. If you do get out GL to you and Griz. Give my best to Beth and the A Team.

Well, what a tough day! Griz and I headed up ahead of the ladies. Launched @ 0830 and headed into the SLOPPY / ROUGH seas to 65 fow. Deployed 6 lines. We fished for about 15-20 minutes and the little guy just couldn't take it. He was on the verge of being sick. I couldn't get the lines in fast enough.

I learned a SE wind is not good for waves in Tawas!

We salvaged the day though. The ladies met us shortly before 11 am at the boat launch. Stopped by Tony's Tacos for lunch, then off to the Tawas State Park to play in the surf at the beach.

It was an absolutely great day!