Fished 5-6:30, had to cut it short. The waves 3ft+ and chop proved too much for the littleboat. But not 1st without going 1 for 1. 113 fow, north troll, 2.2 sog, 8 color leadcore with a uv veggie spoon. I could not believe what I pulled up way out there? A 6lb plus CARP! I pulled it up to the transom got out my pliers and pulled the hook out of its mouth, letting it swim away. This was a first for me.

The waves out there were a lot bigger than the bouy was saying. I checked before I left home and it said .5, and by the time I cleared the pier heads it said 1.5 but the waves sure seemed a lot bigger than that. Definitely a big surprise so I ended up turning around.

Hell of a pan fryer:) Thats why I dont read much into marks way out of temp on the graph. Lots of Carp, Shad, sheep, and other fish around out there when its this warm. Buddy's took a true double on catfish, 1 on the slider one on the main in 90 ft. 60 ft. down a few years back,twin 7-8 lb channels.

Hell of a pan fryer:) Thats why I dont read much into marks way out of temp on the graph. Lots of Carp, Shad, sheep, and other fish around out there when its this warm. Buddy's took a true double on catfish, 1 on the slider one on the main in 90 ft. 60 ft. down a few years back,twin 7-8 lb channels.

Thanks for that update, that's amazing about the catfish and the others. I knew alot of them were bottom feeders, but I'll have to be more careful when I use any lure with the word veggie in it?

Fished next to bouy a few weeks back in 1.9' waves. Funny as my 22' tank of a cuddy cabin glass boat was washing the bow light s and churning the prop going into them. I would have said tight 2-4 with a five every now and then.

Yes, I remember your post from awhile back about that episode.