Muskegon 7/25/15 Dreamweaver

Fished the Dreamweaver again this year. Got over to Fisherman's Landing Friday night and finished getting the boat rigged for salmon since this was the first trip. The crew doesn't really like fishing in the dark so we set up in 50' just north of the pier at 6am on a ssw troll. Or, wherever we had to go to dodge boats. Worked the same water everyone else was and watched them all fight fish with nothing going. Even had a hot tip from one of the crew's co-workers but even though we marked bait and cold water there we didn't catch any fish. Around 9am in 135' of water off Mona Lake I decided that we should go not catch fish somewhere else. After a slightly bumpy a mostly wet ride we set up in 350' of water off Duck Lake on a 100 heading back toward Muskegon. Now nobody could laugh at us while we didn't catch fish. In 140' of water a half core with the Michigan Dolphin went and my nephew reeled in a small steelie. We had a fish to weigh and the crew was happy. I went to change out the 300' copper with the Glow Easter Egg as my brother reset the half core when all of a sudden it started peeling line! Fish on! After a very protracted battle my nephew boated a nice 13' king. By then it was after 11am so we couldn't go back through the area we took the fish in and still make weigh-in. We tried dragging some kings off the bottom in 90' but had no takers so we headed in. Planned to fish Sunday morning but 2 of the crew were dealing with stomach issues and weren't up to it. So we hit the road around 10am and headed home. It was a lot of fun (as always) and very well run (as always). Saw a lot of old friends and met a couple of new ones. Already reserved our site for next year and the crew signed back up again!