July 18 Results and year to date standings.

I am very sorry for such a late posting on the is but hear it is.

_773803_thumb.jpg

And the season standings as of now.

_980542_thumb.jpg

Sorry if this one is hard to read , if any one can not read it and would like a better copy send me a pm and i can text or e-mail it to you.

And with that said there is one event left and that is scheduled for August 29 out of Holland, this one will have three sponsors and they will be Big Lake Lures, Fish Hawk and Big Papa Sport Fishing Products, so there is potential for a fair amount of product to hand out..

So there was a weigh in, we came in at 1 and no-one around. Dont have a vhf but wouldnt have mattered much since we were in GH when the storm hit and ran to PS to sit it out. Kinda disapointed that some did get to weigh in as we had by Far our best box of the year. I think either you need to make VHF manditory or put a post on the tourny thread so everyone knows its a done deal, we sat it out and went back out and fished...came in to no one around to even say it was cancelled.:confused:

Sparky 30 every tourney on the lake requires you to be able to monitor tourney control ,when you run to another port YOU are responsible to monitor tourney control. another thing is you really should have a marine radio on board anyways if you are on lake Michigan there's lots of dead spots out there for cell reception just a smart thing to have. JIMBOBBER

It is fairly easy to watch the other boats take off at 6 and know thats when your supposed to leave, if weigh in started at 1030 when did it end? Should we have ran through the storm to get there and not wait it out even if we had known so that we could make it back in time? It also says tournaments may be canceled do to inclement weather, not that we will weigh in early? Ludington was CANCELED that saturday to, there was no weigh in. It looks like there were quite a few boats that didnt weigh or pay....so were we not the only ones??? And what would the radio have done being that we were up by Grand Haven anyway, probably wouldnt have heard anything. I am on the lake alot, and was talking to your boat Jim, so thanks. And every tournament DOES NOT require it, cant see where it says it is required for wmfl, SO AS I SAID MAKE IT A RULE dont blame someone for not having something that ISNT REQUIRED and we fished the in the SH tourny and DIDNT have a radio for that either just have to let tourny director know. There was even a spot on the registration to tell them if you did or didnt. I wasnt trying to point blame or anything i was just pointing out the fact I was a bit upset that nobody was thereat weigh in and nothing was even posted on here. After your response I will will not be fishing any more along with a few other boats.

Edited by sparky30

Sparky I'm sorry I didn't mean to bash you and I said you are required to monitor tourney control not that you are required to have a marine radio to fish tourneys and you can say what you want its a basic safety piece of equipment to have on your boat . but enough said on that issue that Saturday was a total mess and its a bummer that some didn't get to weigh in there fish I'm sure if the wmfl is going to happen again next year some more rules should be established . again sorry if you feel bashed that was not my intent I don't even fish those events. Jimbobber

when you fish a tournament and you choose to run 30 miles from a port you take responsibility for your decision...if your out of vhs range that's on you..if you don't have a way to communicate with the director..thats on you..the rules also don't say you cant weigh catfish..does that mean you can weigh catfish????

I think the main thing being missed here is this is NOT a tourny. This is set up to have a little FUN with some fellow fishermen. How many rules do you actually need to have a little fun ?? I feel bad for you Sparky it sounds like you had a decent box but i also believe Terry made the right call with ending the event. Everyone knows how ugly it got out there. No one can control what happens with the weather and you really couldnt ask 10 or so teams to sit around for 3 hours at the cleaning station to wait for a couple boats that had to wait out the storm in other ports, it sounds like it happened to more than just you. Maybe some other forms of communication could be discussed for the future like maybe exchange a few phone numbers but as of now most everyone just uses the radio. Everyone has to remember that we do this for FUN and for me anyway the more rules i see the less interested i will be. Lets try to keep this event what it was meant to be. Sparky im sure your discouraged but hope you change your mind and make it out for the next one.

Very well said Todd, I called all the boats that I had phone numbers for or that I could get from others that were at the cleaning station, and made sure every one was safe. I do think a list of phone numbers is a great idea for issues like this. Also you are exactly write, this is suppose to be for fun.

I totaly agree with the fact that lake sucked and it should have been canceled. I agree its for fun but im competitive, and if i just wanted to fun fish, I wouldnt pay the extra to do so. MOst guys that fish any tourny have that same maybe more so in some. I just didnt like that every boat was NOT accounted for. Looked and looked around for somone when we came in to no avail. After the tourny and untill yesterday was just disapointed and that was it,not even upset really. the responses after are what got me going. Teryy saying that somone cant figure out starting time...cmon really? You didnt have a radio a few tournys back, should u have not fished? And make it a rule that you need a VHF if you want to say we need one, coast guard doesnt say it anymore and it isnt my boat so why would i by one for it? Anyhow good luck to you guys in the future, i have big red and then gold coast coming up so have to save for those

Last time I checked may day calls do not work with 911.

Going out without a way of contacting tournament control is YOUR problém, not theirs. A simple pm to Terry before the tournament to get his number? The storms were forecast, it's not like this circumstance could not have been foreseen and accounted for.

We did get one for big red. You should put it in your rules since you have to have one for yours Terry, guess we should have just been happy to come in to no-one with a nice box, radio wouldnt have done anything with the distance but who cares i guess you all have perfect equipent, all i was was disapointed and this blew in to something different

We did get one for big red. You should put it in your rules since you have to have one for yours Terry, guess we should have just been happy to come in to no-one with a nice box, radio wouldnt have done anything with the distance but who cares i guess you all have perfect equipent, all i was was disapointed and this blew in to something different

It will be added for next your and I am sorry that this blew up into what it did , just kinda figured every one had one. Well with only one event left for this season there will be a few rule modifications to next seasons rules.

Just a thought here -- in years past there was a role call around 8am to see who had showed up. Maybe start that again?

I did a role call a few of the times when I ran the league, at times you felt like the teacher from Ferris Bueller day off.

this league has always been about going out and fun fishing. and if you learn something from a fellow fisherman / fisherwoman, than that was a bonus.

As for the boat that does not have a radio, I high suggest you get that on your boat before your next trip.

Look at it this way, would your family want you to spend money on a fish finder or a device that may save your BUTT.....