Biggest Lake Trout

Whats your biggest Lake Trout? What did you catch it on? How deep were you fishing?

Lets see some pictures! I see CaptLevi has a monster laker in his avatar. Lets see the real deal and hear some details of the catch.

It's not gonna be the biggest laker posted up here but here's a couple of Niagara Bar slobs from a few years ago. Fish on the right went about #13 and the other went about #11 or so. The #13 is the biggest laker I've ever caught.

We did a pile of lakers that day in about 30 fow, mostly on dodger/fly rigs off riggers set near the bottom or off a thumper rig. We were fishing right in front of Fort Niagara at the mouth of the Niagara R.. Enjoy. DAN

Picture004.jpg

I don't have any pics but I have taken some in the 20# class off Grindstone City. Cowbells or dodgers with a peanut behind does the trick. Lakers like it slow 2 MPH or less. If possible I usually farm the bigger Lake Trout.

My brothers and I won a small Salmon tournament out of Harbor Beach with nothing but Lake Trout. We prefished the tournament and did zip by HB, so we made the run to Grindstone and back. There was a S wind blowing and when we rounded the tip of the thumb, we took a real pounding going back. We just barely made the weigh in.

I guess they get some real monsters jigging by Stannard Rock in Lake Superior. I think Stannard Rock is quite a run from the harbor.

the first one is a 15# caught in lake ontario on a cut bait rig the last three are me, my grandfather and his friend. these fish were taken from Otsego lake in Cooperstown NY, home of the National Baseball Hall of fame.these were caught slow trolling sutton 88`s

scan0005.jpg

scan0008-1.jpg

scan0007-1.jpg

scan0006-1.jpg

We catch a couple around the 20 pound mark every year out of Grand Haven. Bigger ones are usually caught out of South Haven and the St. Joe area in Southern Lake Michigan. The biggest I believe for us was 24 pounds, but that was a few years ago.

• 1 month later...

Well about 10 years ago I took my wife and kids out fishing for rainbows fishing at Gull Lake. I had six rods set up and all of a sudden my wife says that she has one on. She reeled it in and it was our biggest Lake Trout ever caught. The Lake Trout was 21 lbs. and the Kalamozoo Gazett paper wrote up a big article about that fish and our family fishing trip. If I can find that picture I will post it.

Cazzzz

• 2 years later...