High and low divers rod position

Buddy has a boat want to salmon fish on Sunday . He has 4 eletric riggers being put on next week. So we only have options to run dipseys and boards. He has 2 recessed fixes position rod holders on each side going straight out the back at 45 degree angles. Will the lines stay separated set on 3 and 1? He has 4 holders in the middle of the back of the boat that I planned on running boards from one on each side of the boat till he has the hard top and trees installed. Not great as far as running lines go but I think we can fudge it for the time being.

And help and tips or concerns would be appreciated.

so if i understand you correctly you would have to pick up the board rods and pass the dipsy under/around it ? not sure i have it correct a pic would help. i would try to move the holders around for the board rods and get a couple heavy duty rod holders to mount on the gunnels near the transom for the divers-you will want this even when you have the riggers so may as well do it now.

The lines will stay separated below water if the divers are on 1 and 3 regardless of the rod holder position. The position of the rod holders are important for the how the rod tips and lines work above the water line. You don't want them rubbing together or crossing above the water line. The real test will be on turns. If the rods and line don't rub/cross above the water line and the hi diver is hitting the water with some separation from the low diver, you should be fine.

Nice to have a 10 ft rod for the hi diver and an 8.5 or 9 for the low but it can be done with identical rods. My boat has great lakes double rod holders for divers pointing 90 degrees off the gunnel. These are the best diver rod holders out there IMO. I run the hi diver rod holder angled out a bit higher than the low.

Yes board rods will have to moved to fight fish . This is only a temporary setup for this trip rod holders and down riggers are being added he is just chomping at the bit to get out there cause he will be out of town for a few weeks and the boats been in the slip unused all season.

• 3 weeks later...

Worked out the recessed holder in the back went out the back and the recessed holder halfway up the gunnel was set up too angle the rod just to the out side enough to keep the rods and lines from touch unless taking a sharp turn. Big jobs are on we got by I have been running just one dipsey a side on the outside holder of the downrigger (3 holders per rigger 2 of them are fixed) which conventionally is 90 degree ajustable out the side . More rod holder are coming soon