Gas usage

I can troll for about 7 hours for under 9 bucks. I have a 1989 Lund Alaskan with a 50 hp 4 stroke. I have thought about getting a bigger boat and a slip so my wife and I can have a floating cabin. How much do you spend on fuel and what do you have?

I am in the same sort of spot, so watching for answers as well. Side note here in tc it went from 2.99 to 2.27 yesterday. On the news a few minutes ago I heard in California the avg. Is now 4.89 refinery problems bla bla bla hopefully it won't come this way.

I have a 34' with twin 454s. If I run out 4 or 5 miles and fish for 6 hours it's between $80 and $100 with the price of marina fuel. Can fish with 6 comfortably though and I can leave the wife and kids sleeping in the cabin while I run out and set lines.

Twin Honda 90 HP 4 strokes, 2 40 gallon tanks on my 21' center console. Can typically get 4 or 5 trips out of full tanks -- runs out/in on both engines, alternate between the two when trolling. My trips are usually all day affairs 6 am to 7 pm with average of 10 miles out but often 15+.

Living 2-4 hours from the lake boat fuel is the cheap part of the trip compared to towing it over and back with the Avalanche at 12 mpg.

21 four winns 350 with two speeds, trolling and as fast as conditions allow. 3 mpg running unless tournament fishing then 1.5 mpg* running, 1.2 gallons per hour trolling. Much like Dave a morning's trip is rarely less than 10 but seldom more than 15 gallons.

I commute 400 miles a week and don't burn that much gas

* it's a beautiful thing when those back butterflies on the four barrel open up and stuff slides off the helm

27 sea ray amberjack with twin 350's 5 hr fishing trip $100 I had a 20 footer before that had a 305 in it that took around $80 per trip ( Marina Gas in both ) the 27 is a lot more comfortable and a lot more room to fight fish the extra $20 is worth it.

31' Chris Craft Commander, twin 454's usually about 30 gallons for a full day of fishing. In St. Joe we have to run a bit farther than up the lake, usually 5 to 10 miles out of the harbor and troll for 6 to 8 hours. If u have to worry about gas costs, u can't afford it. My rig only burns 93 octane alcohol free Marine gas, 3.89 at the marina. We usually use about 120 to 150 dollars of gas. Everyone pitches in or they don't get asked back.

31' Chris Craft Commander, twin 454's usually about 30 gallons for a full day of fishing. In St. Joe we have to run a bit farther than up the lake, usually 5 to 10 miles out of the harbor and troll for 6 to 8 hours. If u have to worry about gas costs, u can't afford it. My rig only burns 93 octane alcohol free Marine gas, 3.89 at the marina. We usually use about 120 to 150 dollars of gas. Everyone pitches in or they don't get asked back.

It's not that I'm worried about it its just that I'm trying to figure out if I want to deal with that hassle.