Who's ready for Spring Kings???

It's starting to warm up a bit...the snow is slowly starting to retreat...I can't sleep at night just thinking about getting back on the water. Only 65 days till we get to the Niagara bar and more of this:

NiagaraBar014.jpg

And this:

NiagaraBar010.jpg

And this:

NiagaraBar017.jpg

Who else has the itch as bad as I do?????

Very Nice!

I know I have the itch. Almost everyday for late April/early May is booked solid with just a couple left and a few afternoons still available. I hope the weather cooperates. Time to put the smack down on those brutes!

Capt. Levi, I wish I could do it full-time, but I just can't. I take almost all of my vacation time on the water (OK, I save a few days for skiing too!), and it's still not enough. My business is growing to the point where I may try to hire someone to run the boat for me mid-week....

Bluedevil, yes, those are typical spring Kings out at the west end of the lake. Most fish last year were 20-23lbs. Days with 25-40 fish like that are not at all uncommon. Doubles, triples...you name it, we got it.

I don't know ... I was kinda enjoying the couple of feet of snow, sub zero wind chills etc. etc.. Who wants to be out on the lake, catching kings and drinkin' beers :rolleyes:

It can't come quick enough :D

DAN

I hear you, I am a little further up north from you and man, they are talking 15-30 mile an hour winds with temps in the teens, and of course more lake snow.

Had a smile today, my fishing buddy braved the cold and sat int he boat looking at what we need to do with a beer in hand.

ahhh, got the itch now.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it really sux catching 20-30 Kings a day with an average being heavy teens! I wish those first 3 weeks in May is what it was like the whole year! Then again, if it was that easy I would find a harder hobby. I try to get the new customers booked in that month of May. Im thinking with catch rates like that they are definately coming back next season! I am booked solid with charters and tourneys from the last weekend in April to the second weekend in June! I cant wait! I started leaking into mid week dates yesterday, which means Im going to be calling in sick to work a few times this May!