Priority1

Priority1

DSCN0929.jpg

RocketLauncher.jpg

DSCN0964.jpg

DSCN0959.jpg

These are last years pics, except for the rocket launcher. I added 4 Big Jon rod holders, and a 8 rod SS Rocket launcher, that can roll down to get through the garage door. When I'm fishing near home the boat never gets covered. She has her own bay in the garage.

I pull two large planerboards off a couple of S.S. Eye bolts on the hardtop. I never run more than 10 rods, 5 per side. I also use 4 Offshore in-line boards, when we have a small crew. If we are Eye fishing, and only have 3 people onboard we run the in-lines and 2 rods off the back. We pulled many limits this past year out of AuGres MI Saginaw Bay, mostly on home tied 3 hook crawler harnesses.

For Salmon fishing she has 4 electric Cannons. Most of the time I only run 2 downriggers except when the rigger bite gets real hot. My main weapons for Salmon are my Dipsys and Slidedivers. I run 2 Dipsys as lowdivers set on 1-1/2. The Dipsy reels have 30# Spiderwire braid on them. I run the Slidedivers set on 3-1/2 as high divers. The Slidediver reels have 25# Ande Mono on them. I don't use the magnum dipsys, rather the #1s. I do have some mag rings that I may use on my low divers this year.

The Dipsys were very hot this year with Fishcatcher glow spoons, or Fishcatcher glow squid doing most of the damage. One morning before daybreak we had 4 fish on with two of us in the boat. We only managed to get 2 of them but went on to limit out before 8 AM. I made four 3 day trips to Manistee this year. We did get a couple of blow days during those trips.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

DSCN1063.jpg

I spent a couple of hrs in the driveway fine tuning the engine. Mechanical things done this year. (1) Gimbal Bearing. (2) Bellows, (3) Trim & Trim Limit Senders, (4) Lower Shift Cable, Carb Tear Down new gaskets and adjustments the needles and seats were still like new, (5) Trailer Rollers, (6) Trust me, there has to be more.:)

It was very windy here so after the drive way test, I decided to launch the boat in Tawas and change the trailer rollers in the parking lot. There was only one other truck and trailer there. I then decided to do a shakedown cruise in Tawas Bay. Tawas Point gave the bay some protection, so I was able to put the hammer down going with the 1-1/2 to 2 foot waves. I made a idle speed adjustment on the water, and ended the 1/2 hour cruise.

Anyone in the Tawas area that needs to use an Alignment Tool, Timing Light or Dwell Tach, I may be able to help you. :)

Frank,

I have a couple of those Black (composite) rod holders, have you had any troubles while using them?

The reason I ask, is they don't really look like they will hold up to trolling. But, from the pictures, I am guessing they do. I would like to get you input on them before I bolt them on.

Thanks, Bill.

Frank,

I have a couple of those Black (composite) rod holders, have you had any troubles while using them?

The reason I ask, is they don't really look like they will hold up to trolling. But, from the pictures, I am guessing they do. I would like to get you input on them before I bolt them on.

Thanks, Bill.

Bill, If you notice on my last pic of my boat I have installed 2 Big Jon rod holders on each side. The black ones are Scottys and they will work fine for Walleye but not worth a darn for Dipsys and Salmon fishing. The black Scottys would not hold a dipsy. I did get by with them for awhile by drilling the shaft and putting a cotter pin through, to keep them from poping up. I also put a safety tether on my rods while using them for Salmon. I didn't like or trust them, so I added the 4 Big Jons. I kept one Scotty on each side, but I will not use them for Salmon. Another thing I don't like about the black ones is the rod handles stick into the boat, and I brush them with my legs as I go by. John Williams from Big Jon had some blems, and gave me a GR8 price on the Big Jons. Frank

• 1 year later...
Is there another Priority 1? I was EB I96 today and saw another P1 out of Grand Ledge???? Wasn't an Islander though.

I guess there must be another Priority1. The name was on my boat when I bought it. It seemed to fit, so I kept it.:)