Ludington 6/30 am. What would you have done different?

We went north after the lightning and rain yesterday. The cloudy rainy conditions had us hopeful that the bite may still be happening. Had 60° surface temp and 48° down 60'. Started at the bath house in 160fow, moved just off the bank to 105', turned around at 05.

Marked a few fish and bait balls but did not get hit once . Maybe our presentation could have been different.

Reg sized spoons on riggers back 30 and 50 one down at break and one on bottom, meat on mag dipsies set on 3 with SDs and teasers back 130 and 175, spoons on boards with 150 and 250 copper, 300 CU down the chute. Sog 2.5-3.2 , N track then back S. 1mph S current. Zigged zagged W-E going S.

Edited by DiverDennis

I would have run more lines above the break in the top 40ft., probably at least half of them to start the morning. We always seem to take a majority of our fish higher than expected...during the "primetime" bite windows especially. We caught a 14lb king about a week ago on 30ft of copper with 64deg surface temps on a regular stinger double orange crush at 11am...didn't expect that one.

Seems like some fish might have been out deeper. I like to pick a SW or NW direction and keep going deeper until I find some fish.

I also agree that high lines can surprise you!

• 2 weeks later...