South Haven, Mid Morning, 6/25/15

SKUNK’s OUT OF THE BOAT. Fished solo :mad:, 1 for 1, Late start out of Lakerville, that pretty much sums it up. Puny little rascal hit a Green Dolphin 55’ down, so small I didn’t even get the net wet, or keep him. Fished 80-120fow. Back at the launch there was a pair of C.O’s doing their job. These 2 fellow were younger than my 1972-80hp Merc. Better luck to you other guys.

Martin

Not sure whats up with the CO's at SH, been there like 6 times this season and checked 5 of those in parking lot, i'm fine with being checked and like seeing them out but there are other places:confused:

The st joe C.O.'s come up and handle the boat checks out on the lake in SH. They have been in town quite a bit this year. We've haven't been checked out on the lake in the last 3-4 years. This year it happened. It was a good site to see. They pulled up 30 feet off our starboard and yelled at us to hold up licenses/life jackets and asked a few questions. They did not ask us to reel in any rods.

The local C.O. over the area has met me at the dock at the return of a trip. He's met me fishing along the river. He's also met me on this pier. All this year. Its been a good year. No performance awards handed to me. He does have a trainee for the next few months.

The local C.O. if you know who he is and what he looks like sometimes you'll see him out on the pier with his kids fishing. He also has a boat and fishes the big lake. He cares about the fishery. He's a really nice guy. I know a few people who just river/pier fish that got performance awards from him and they were all well earned.

Yea he does do a good job, never has taken much time and when he comes up on the lake you can tell he is aware of boards and does a great job, way better than a few ive seen up north that have almost ran over boards and not seemed to care.