Ok guys after last night it was a disaster trying to find were your planer boards are. I have church tackle walleye boards and the bigger t22 church tackle boards.

Does anyone know what I can do to lite them up at night and not spending the big bucks for a lot on there website.

If you want something without batteries - I was thinking about trying some reflective tape. Put a 1/2 x 2" strip and fold it over the top edge of the board. A good flashlight should find them pretty quick with the tape on them.

We used the little glow sticks and taped them on. They did not last as long as I thought that they would. They were good while they lasted. If you are looking for a couple hours they would be fine. We were fishing through the night.

Could get some super glow paint and paint the top of the boards. Then charge them like a lure. Some of the paint will last for hours on a single charge and you can just charge it again whenever you bring the board in.

I used some of those reflector tapes (red/white) for the sides/back of trailers/semi truck trailers. I used the white section and cut-fit to the boat side facing of the board. Then I use one of those Stanley FatMax hand-held spot lights to locate the boards. Works great for me and my needs.

Saw a report on the news a week or so ago about a paint they are selling in Europe that reflects like mad. they were spraying the antlers on reindeer to keep them from being hit. It cant be seen in normal day light but when it gets hit by light at night it glows very bright. They said it should be available in the US within the year. Looking forward to it. It should work great for boards.

• 2 weeks later...